EMS/Law enforcement?

As lonestar said In Michigan there are at least the Genesee County Sheriffs and the Ionia County Sheriffs that both operate similarly. or You can get your firefighter too and work as a PSO. In the Detroit area at least there are a dozen or so departments that operate like that.

I think Grand Traverse County and Saginaw County do that as well.....

I also believe that Highland Park is a PS department

I'm taking it you're from MI ?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think but I may be wrong but doesn't the maryland HP have medical helicopters and aren't they staffed by paramedic/troopers?

Maybe this is an alternative but I'd suspect that's pretty hard to get into with the prestige it offers?? not sure.

Yes, MD State Patrol runs the medevac in the state. You have be a Trooper first to get in the program. The Medics still carry sidearms.

Not sure how hard it is to get into. I know several of them. Ex-girlfriend puts them down for only being paramedics. The last hospital she worked at had their helicopters staffed with nurses. (she was not one, but the guy before me was.)

Sarge

I think Grand Traverse County and Saginaw County do that as well.....

I also believe that Highland Park is a PS department

I'm taking it you're from MI ?

Can't comment on GT county cause I don't know. I have some friends on 3 different Saginaw county FD's and I'm pretty sure MMR runs their ALS.

Highland Park is no longer PS Wayne County SD provides policing they have a part time FD run by a few of the old PSO's and Medic One does their ALS

Yes I'm from the Metro Detroit area

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.