Beware iof NEMSA!

1nama2them

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i kow what u mean i work for AMR and they dont care about us at all. Im srry if they burned u out in the NW we have rhem for the next 2yrs. Ur rite the only thing they care is getting ur dues and dont get anything done for us at all. We voted on ur 1st contrat they only gave us 1 day to look at it and vote they did move it and gave us a few more days, we all wrote lettlers saying we are quitingt eh uion adn must of us havent gone back im not b/c it crap and they dont care.

Out in New Hamsphire

i kow what u mean i work for AMR and they dont care about us at all. Im srry if they burned u out in the NW we have rhem for the next 2yrs. Ur rite the only thing they care is getting ur dues and dont get anything done for us at all. We voted on ur 1st contrat they only gave us 1 day to look at it and vote they did move it and gave us a few more days, we all wrote lettlers saying we are quitingt eh uion adn must of us havent gone back im not b/c it crap and they dont care.

Out in New Hamsphire

What the hell did you just say? Can't read it. Spellcheck broken? :?

• 5 months later...

I work in Hartford CT., and we are presently looking to replace our present lackadaisical representation with NEMSA. The reps that I have spoken with about this issues have also furnished me with a copy of the Tentative Agreement (TA) that was reached with NEMSA and AMR in Portland OR. I must say, being in one of the states with high taxes and COL, the agreement they reached wasn't bad.

Two contracts ago AMR told us that NO AMR division across the country had 100% paid insurance, and in reviewing the Portland TA, they did. AMR has been aggressively working to make employees pay for sub-standard health insurance for many years by telling that same lie all over the country. We have been paying 25% for 4 years now. It's a sad statement when healthcare workers can't even get decent health coverage.

I was also furnished with side by side comparisons from the previous CBA to the proposed TA. They had MANY gains. I don't want to get into specifics on this post, but believe me when I say it was pretty good TA. The Portland work force was already in the process of decertification from NEMSA and moving to the Teamsters.

Anyone know what the results of that CBA were? I'm wondering if they got any more or less than they would have with NEMSA. Did they get the pet bereavement leave and 42" Plasmas??? Maybe we will try for that too!!!

Something I have learned about Unions, they suck and take extra money from my paycheck to protect the lazy people who squeezed by and made their 90 days. Sure unions at one time were needed, like in 20's in the factories in Flint and Detroit, but frankly, now they are a nuisance. Nothing annoys me more then working with morons who can't be fired because they are in the union.

Nothing annoys me more then working with morons who can't be fired because they are in the union.

Then you would hate teaching. Now there is a racket that the unions have set up. Tenured and your untouchable. In Oregon they just found out that pedophile teachers are being shuffled around to different districts because the NEA protected their jobs. Sound familiar, yet the story is not receiving as much attention as the Catholic Church situation in Portland. Alas, media bias is alive and well in Oregon. :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.