alberta jobs

gerg 68

Hi there , just wondering i anyone can tell me what is a dayrater in Alberta oil fields or any other camps . I was looking at going to Alberta from Newfoundland and I can not find out what the wages are or what a dayrater is . Can anyone help me and post some information .

thanks

Hey, have a look at this page..it is for several job postings for medics in Alberta..it will give you an idea of the range of pay available at the different levels. As to a dayrater, my impression is it is basically a casual, you get paid on a Daily basis, you do not work a reg rotation, it is strictly industry. Hope that helps!

http://www.collegeofparamedics.org/employment.php

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Exactly why anyone would want to work in the oilpatch asides for a quick money fix is beyond me ... You'd probably have more fun sewing polyester pants at a senior's lodge.

The money is good. My bi weekly checks are between $2.5 and $3K CLEAR.

You cannot work the patch unless you are ACP licenced, some BC people are the exception. Its not for everyone but its large coin fast and pays for further education.

There are full time salaried positions for some people who prove themselves.

Day rater EMR's get between $220 and $300 per day depending.

Sleep

You cannot work the patch unless you are ACP licenced...

Day rater EMR's get between $220 and $300 per day depending.

Isn't that a big contradiction? :?

It's a daily pay amount. If you're not registered in Alberta, don't plan on making a heck of a lot.

Good advice !

It is break up this time of the year, things have really slowed down on the "gas" side of things due to prices, meanwhile back in Ft. Mac its busness as usual, stupid crazy just A word of caution if an Employer will hire you without ACoP registry be very very aware, you may be on the sharp portion of the learning curve. There is presently over 180 "bandaid" shows in the province many ma and pa ops that are ummm sub theraputic ... !

Heres a good question to ask any and all, can I have the phone # of the medical director you may be amazed by some of the replys in that regard, ps its Alberta Law to have a Medical Director on staff .... good luck with that.

Bottom line: Industrial EMS is not EMS, if you have worked on an offshore platform in NFL that would be "similar" :shock:

Best search this site on a variety of topics, try ACP/Industrial EMS/Oilpatch +++ first, some very interesting advice and insights by many experianced members, yes, it can be boring as hell. Thing is if your way out in the boonies on your own/ with a poor medical operator and you take a good hit you may find your over your head in a blink of an eye, perhaps google up some due diligence laws as well, just CYA.

Immediate Reciprocity is an ... hmmm interesting issue to say the least.

cheers

Isn't that a big contradiction? :?

I think he meant Alberta College of Paramedics when he said ACP. EMR has a national profile making it similar in scope to EMT-B south of the border although Alta. EMR's are more restricted in scope than say BC EMR's. Needless to say the lower level of education as an EMR is the reason I'm making the move to PCP(Alta. calls them EMT's hence all the confusion) so quickly. Why they don't call it the Paramedic College of Alberta and save everyone some confusion I don't know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.