the typical drug seekers

crazyemt5150

ok so its four in the morning getting ready to clear a hospital and go back to the station for off duty prep, we are right around the corner and we get a call priority 2 code 3 for leg pain!! what the eff so we get to our pt. who is in a hotel and is screaming in pain. As we walk in we smell the dope in the air see the needles and the spoons. And my partner says cut the crap, the pt stops instantly and says thier in pain. He asked how long and he says two years??? what the hell why does he wait to years before he calls. My partner asked his medical his and its long. He walks out to the gurney no limping and plops himself on the gurney and laughs. and says "i just called you guys so you can take me to the hospital so I can get a shot, I ran out of dope" beat that story guys

Personally, I would have called PD upon arrival, and added misuse of 911, and emergency services to that fool's list of charges.

I'd have called PD, but I would have told them to meet me at the hospital. I can get this guy there, my report written, and back in service long before PD would ever arrive at my scene. And I don't want to spend any more time on that scene than necessary. Where there is one doper, there are sure to be others.

ok poster you asked

had a call for chest pain, patient was all gussied up for a night out. We put her in the ambulance, she refused all treatment attempts and when we got to the hospital she got out of the ambulance, walked out of the ambulance garage and high tailed it over to the local bar.

PD was called, they met her at the bar door and introduced her to a door with bars. She spent 2 weekends in her new accomodations for misuse of 911 emergency systems. the judge even told her that had she have tied the ambulance up and we had had a real emergency where someone suffered (which thankfully didn't happen) he would have sentenced her to 1 year in jail and a 5k fine.

We never saw her again.

as to the message about that 10 codes haven't made it to us we have alot of ten codes but in kern county our ems department gave us prioritys we don't have tones but let me explain priority 1 True Life threatning emergency Priority 2 emergency non life threatning priority 3 non emergent none life threatning priority 4 stat transfer. LOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.