Job Advice/Situation Advice

tskstorm

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't this what started the whole mess in the first place? Not necessarily the fact that you couldn't run the call, but that you told them where to stick it?

I think this goes back to youth, inexperience and the feeling of invincibility we all felt at some time. I just hope our friend realizes that those of us who've been there and are willing to share out knowledge and insight in an attempt to help aren't just talking out our arse.

-be safe

Wasn't this what started the whole mess in the first place? Not necessarily the fact that you couldn't run the call, but that you told them where to stick it?

Pardon my generalization. I don't feel the need to convey the entire details of the conversation, the basics are it didn't matter what dispatch said, I was not taking the call, school was more important. Simply put, I told them where to stick it, and left.

Once again, I don't think it mattered (in affecting the mess that ensued) what dispatch said, rather the fact you told them to stick it at any point in the conversation. Anything you say can and will be used against you by management, especially out of context.

Not that you weren't justified, but it's just a lesson to learn. Thus, I wouldn't repeat it.

I agree with most everyone posting. They effectively have ended your employment with them. You cannot just tell them to "stick it" and expect not to have repurcussions.

I experienced the same thing at a previous service which was already mentioned, had a family emergency but they said I was on a call and couldn't let me go. I told them to send a supervisor and they didn't. Other dynamics were involved and in the end I told them how I felt. I left the building(elvis remake) and my next shift I came to work, was not on the schedule. Was told that I was suspended and then got a nice little nasty letter telling me I was no longer employed.

They asked for my uniforms back, I called them and said, come get em. They didn't and I got a bill for 600 bucks for uniforms since they had already paid me my last paycheck

I still have those uniforms. Anyone want them?

So accept the fact that you were employed by them and are no longer employed. Consider it a learning experience and maybe this happened for a reason.

I'm not worried about the job, easily replaced. As we all know EMS is a very small community, burning a bridge here, can burn a bridge elsewhere later. My last paycheck comes via direct deposit tonight, and if by chance they want there ID, uniform etc... they can come and get them, and i will hand them all of there patches the uniform isn't what they care about just the patch. Oh well, appreciate your help, I've decided to make the separation end on my terms, by giving them two weeks notice, since my supervisor wouldn't respond to me. Figure this way next place I'm going I can at least say I left because of my reasons, hopefully.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.