Ethical Concerns????? Ya Think!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruff good one so i am gonna kinda hijack this thread so not to sound redundant.

But how you all feel about organ donations?

Ruff good one so i am gonna kinda hijack this thread so not to sound redundant.

But how you all feel about organ donations?

It's kinda like going to the wrecking yard to keep your car going. Used parts work just fine.

Glad to help clear it up. But to get back on track with ruffs OP definitly questionable behavior, then they still were unable to use the organs, that really means they may have been responsible for the deaths of many more.

Before we crucify these physicians and this hospital, remember that we are hearing only one side of this whole argument. And it's the side constructed by the attorneys to make the defendants (respondents) sound as guilty as possible. It is best for the plaintiff if everyone sees the doctors and hospital as selfish, unfeeling, inconsiderate, incompetent, or frankly mean. Initial claims in a lawsuit are always written this way, no matter how much or little merit there is. The same applies to criminal charges.

If you were wondering, benzos like ativan are administered to prevent myoclonus which occurs in patients on morphine drips.

I have found that nurses and physicians frequently have very differing opinions on orders given when it comes to end-of-life care. I have given orders for horrifyingly large doses of narcotics and benzos at EOL which a few nurses have been frankly uncomfortable with. The intent is not to end life (and it's suprising how much of these meds someone can take before they have a really detrimental effect) but to ease pain and suffering. As a matter of course, morphine drips are mixed with 100mg in a bag and the administration rate is set based on the order or condition. 5 or 10mg/hour would not be unusual. Ativan drips are also mixed up this way, and 40mg would not be unusual for a drip that was intended to be administered at appropriate rates, which could be 1-4mg/hr. The prosecuting or plaintiff's attorney will be happy for you to believe that they ordered a monster whopping dose of drugs to be administered as a lethal shot.

This is why I pay very little attention to articles like this.

'zilla

Well Zilla thanks for a new prespective on that. Here the EOL drug is Morphine drips PCA'S.

Never seen a ativan drip but I will Google it and see what I can learn.

Terr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.