High on Salvia or flowering sage

whit72

Huh, interesting. I'd never heard of it before this thread, so I read the wikipedia article on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

Sounds like it is a (now) legal, natural hallucinogen with effects similar to LSD, although the drug is metabolized very quickly- in the area of 5 minutes or so if smoked, 30 minutes or more if chewed.

Did you have a patient on this? Do tell...

We had a couple of kids who were drunk admitted to smoking it earlier in the night, I had never heard of it, they said they get a couple minute high from it. I guess you can buy it at smoke shops its completely legal. I think its used by landscapers also. I haven't had any time to read up on it yet though. Was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with it.

I haven't had any experience with anyone actually in the hallucinogenic process of it, just wondering if it mirrored the typical acid or shroons type effect.

There was a kid in the next city over that supposedly was high on it wigged out and through himself out a window. I guess its growing in popularity.

I use Salvia leaves for a tea, to dismiss per se, my back pain. Only before bed, b/c going from a sitting posture to laying, hurts like an SOB. If I take a pain pill, then I relax into a position that will, again, hurt like an SOB when I wake up. I grow the plant myself, in the flower bed. Press the leaves and keep a small bottle of the oil from them, and then dry the leaves.

It only lasts long enough to cause about ten minutes of relaxation. Gives me a "lite on my feet" feeling, not a buzz. A very quick, short lived dreamy sensation. I don't know what smoking it would do, I guess I never considered that. I suppose it could be like a sugar pill, but in my mind, it helps so that's all that matters.

Probably the reason it is so popular is b/c they blend it with other herbs and sell it as a substitute for Marijuana. I believe their term for it is "legal weed". Damn kids. I found the seeds in a natural foods store. :lol:

4cm6 wrote:

I use Salvia leaves for a tea, to dismiss per se, my back pain. Only before bed, b/c going from a sitting posture to laying, hurts like an SOB. If I take a pain pill, then I relax into a position that will, again, hurt like an SOB when I wake up. I grow the plant myself, in the flower bed. Press the leaves and keep a small bottle of the oil from them, and then dry the leaves.

Well recognizing you have a problem is the first step :lol:

One of the crews had two young guys who might have been on that based on the way they described the plant. One was just a bit out of it. The other had reverted to a baby...he was gently pawing at the EMT's badge in complete wonder and amazement.

One of the crews had two young guys who might have been on that based on the way they described the plant. One was just a bit out of it. The other had reverted to a baby...he was gently pawing at the EMT's badge in complete wonder and amazement.

Did they mix in some ecstasy?

I've seen a few people on Salvia and they generally come around fairly quickly.

But, like any substance used to "get high," the imbiber or the producer is likely to mix it with something else to enhance the effect, resulting in poly-substance interactions, etc.

It's an herb, not a drug, despite its effects. Although, it is illegal in a few states and on US Navy Property. Doesn't show up on drug test to my knowledge. Probably would if they tested for it specifically.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.