Fire Stand-by / Firefighter Rehab

dahlio

Just curious, but why would a ff be mandated to go to rehab for a 1000ml bag of IV saline? Shouldn't they just drink fluids? After all that kind of how we were designed.

If a ff is at the point of exhaustion that he/she can not tolerate po hydation, then they should be done, plain and simple.

As for weather or not a ff wants to go back in or not, I couldn't care less, I will be happy to assess them if they like, or not, thats ok too. As Dust said, I'm not there to babysit them, if their chiefs are ok with it, so am I. I will give them my opinion on the matter, what they do with it is on them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, but why would a ff be mandated to go to rehab for a 1000ml bag of IV saline? Shouldn't they just drink fluids? After all that kind of how we were designed.

If a ff is at the point of exhaustion that he/she can not tolerate po hydation, then they should be done, plain and simple.

Offered, not mandated. At the time, there were 3 MAJOR wildfires endangering homes, livestock, and in some cases, people in the county. If we had more people, then we would have been sent home, but rest, rehydration, and a quick meal, and back out we were sent.

Yeah, but we have found that so many of them are hung over from the night before that it just makes sense to go ahead and hydrate them intravenously. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.