Calgary EMS wins Excellence in EMS award.

Oh the irony:

Calgary EMS wins 'Excellence in EMS' award

ZOLL Data Systems, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of ZOLL Medical Corporation, announced the annual 'Excellence in EMS' award winner at Summit 2007, their annual users conference. The 2007 award was given to The City of Calgary EMS, located in Alberta, Canada, the fastest growing province in the country.

The entries were judged by a panel of executives from fellow EMS services. The EMS organization entries were judged based on four core values:

* Patient-focused excellence

* Valuing staff

* Social responsibility and community health

* Managing for innovation

The award finalists were The City of Calgary EMS in Canada, Cypress Creek EMS in Texas, Leon County EMS in Florida, Montgomery County Hospital District in Texas, and Pinellas County in Florida.

Established as its own entity in 1984, The City of Calgary Emergency Medical Services is an Advanced Life Support, third emergency service of the municipal government. Serving the needs of a municipal population of just over 1 million, the service responds to an average of more than 113,000 calls annually.

"Calgary EMS is thrilled and honored to receive this award," said Terry Abrams, ePCR Project Manager at The City of Calgary EMS. "This award is really a tribute to our staff, and the progressive environment in which we work," he continued.

To demonstrate their ability to manage for innovation, Calgary EMS has produced a ten- year "view of the future" report anticipating changes and future trends such as aging in place, the graying of the baby boomers and its effect on call volumes, changes in technologies, the rate of staff growth versus the rate of employee attrition, changes in health care consumer attitudes, hospital capacities and construction trends, and utilization patterns for acute care and ambulances by community. To date, two forecasting reports have been created: Planning for EMS in 2010 and Planning for EMS in 2015.

"We are continually striving to improve service to our community with a focus on patient care. This award recognizes our efforts," added Mr. Abrams.

Whoa there NELLY:

Ok so the ZOLL company decided that CowTown was the best service ?

Ok, like across all borders?

So just what was the real criteria ?

I guess a company can compare apples and oranges ?

Well this is news to me, with completely different focus, social values, funding or perhaps gulibility of Albertan's...I am so embareassed.

Could market share have any weight in this Award ?

Odd when Calgary has serious plans to expand service = purchase more Monitors?

ps (Holly is going to freak!)

So would it be politically correct as to ask what ECG machines are in the back of Cowtowns Trucks ? or even perhaps the other honerable mentions as well?

And oddly enough right when Labour negotiations are in progress, could this be just a wee bit skued ?

Do the Medics have influence in the choice of Equipment or evaluations of them? DUH!

Could the next award be to STARS for the best dedicated rotary wing operation in Alberta, (ps it is the only one)

Serving 94 % of the total population of Alberta ? huh.

Explain that please Dr.Powell my math tells me, a lie plane and simple.

So just what are 12 other dedicated stiff wingers flying daily... so way off topic .

Oh the irony: is correctamundo.

To demonstrate their ability to manage for innovation, Calgary EMS has produced a ten- year "view of the future" report anticipating changes and future trends such as aging in place, the graying of the baby boomers and its effect on call volumes, changes in technologies, the rate of staff growth versus the rate of employee attrition, changes in health care consumer attitudes, hospital capacities and construction trends, and utilization patterns for acute care and ambulances by community. To date, two forecasting reports have been created: Planning for EMS in 2010 and Planning for EMS in 2015.

MORE rocket surgery, really I am shocked that Calgary is the ONLY city looking at these projections.

So yet another question, so just whos ePCR tech support company/corporation anyway, could someone inform me... please?

OH Yes a previso: I do think Calgary runs a good show but on the Whole North American Continent ?... I just can't swallow that at all.

cheers

I don't get it. How come our 1 pony show didn't win? Guess we don't spend enough money. Congrats to the winner. I'm going to go cry in my beer.

Have you ever thought about trying a bribe....?

LMFAO their JUDGE....looks good on yah, EH.

ps enjoy the beer, be at one with the beer (Bushys religion in fact)

While I have no doubt that Calgary is a good service with good medics, it's also seems to be a very rapidly growing service with deep pockets for purchasing Zoll products. So I assume. Maybe Medtronic will also spit out an award? That would be cool! hahaha!!!

Corporate awards... they're always laughable. :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.