New Mercedes Sprinter rig Antwerp Hoboken Belgium

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+10 for the stretcher-lifting mechanism. What model Stryker is that?

-15 for the LP-10.

-5 for lack of padding in head-strike zones.

First stryker we have so I didn't even knew there were different types, with this pic you should be able to figure it out I suppose

dscf2440borderok5.jpg

What is an LP-10?

you hardly ever see padding in Ambulances, I guess we are smart enough not to bounce our heads :o The ambulance were I drive most off my shifts (Borgerhout) has padding above the side door but thats it.

The sprinters are good to work out of, they have good room for patients & crews, provided everything is in its right place.

The only time that it can be an issue is if anyone is tall, then there can be a lack of headroom, but hey, how often do you really need to walk around during transport?

Dust I can relate to working out of a landcruiser, we have them here as well as the sprinter, they can be cramped & difficult to use if you have a tall patient.

Phil

First stryker we have so I didn't even knew there were different types, with this pic you should be able to figure it out I suppose

Yeah, that'd be the M-1. There are several different types.

What is an LP-10?

The type of monitor you have on board. Visible in pictures 13 and 14.

you hardly ever see padding in Ambulances, I guess we are smart enough not to bounce our heads

Ha ha ha. :roll: During a crash it doesn't matter how smart you are. I personally want every advantage I can get.

And I missed this before:

We also have less equipment with us, when we receive a life threathening call or if EMT's on scene decide we need it we get assistance from a medical urgency unit (MUG) with a doctor and a nurse inside.

What the hell? You don't wait for them onscene, do you?

Waiting on-scene might or might not be a bad idea, depending on how far away the doctor/nurse team is... Yes, what a trauma patient really needs is surgery, but more urgently (I'm assuming) would be types of procedures done in the ER trauma rooms, such as chest tubes.

Waiting on or not scene depends, time to time we call for a rendes vous point, usually in city areas we wait for them to arrive. If the call is already clearly life threathening they will send them right away with the ambulance.

The lifepack you see on the pictures is an AED, the monitor itself still needed to be wallmounted (lifepack 12)

The lifepack you see on the pictures is an AED, the monitor itself still needed to be wallmounted (lifepack 12)

I didn't know AEDs had manual paddles, waveform screens, and came in LP10 carrying cases, but ok. I'll stop asking about it. :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.