Trauma Shears

I've got a co-worker who swears by the Big Shears. I handled his and they feel great in your hand. He has owned them for a year or so now and as a firefighter/EMT has gotten to use them to cut off a fair amount of fabric. His assessment was that they made short work of heavy fabrics like denim and had no trouble with leather or bunker gear either. The holster they come with seems to make them very easy to carry as well.

By not existed, do you mean blown up?

LOL!

Not this area code. My area code at home! :(

Big Shears are teh schitt, but the times you actually need them in civilian EMS are few and far between. And the holster is great, but it certainly doesn't make them "easy to carry" at all. Those things are huge (much bigger than they look in pictures), and they are right in the small of your back. It's very, very, very uncomfortable sitting in a vehicle with that on. I told Mike that he definitely needs some better carrying options for the Big Shears.

Mounting them on the wall or keeping them in the trauma bag is a good plan, except that most places I have worked, they would constantly be stolen by wankers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.