NEED HELP: Tips For Reciprocity from NJ to NY (EMT)

I am currently looking to get my New York EMT-B card. I am currently certified by NJ and would like to work in NY as an EMT. I was wondering if anybody has had any trouble achieving there NY EMT card? Any help is appreciated.

Going the NYS DOH website is a good start. Once you get it downloaded, fill it out, get things notarized, make out a check for $25 and send it all in, then play the waiting game. Heres the catch.....you have to have taken a state written test within the last year or you will NOT get reciprocity. If you havent you will need to take a refresher class or the whole EMT basic class again, in the state of NY. NYS only gives reciprocity once, but it all hinges on the last time you took a state written test. After the initial, you will need to take refresher classes every 3 years, which will include the NYS written test.

Good luck and Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Teri

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.