Opinions from N.Y.C personnel on puertorican day parade?

The only events I worked on O/T were one time on the 9th Avenue Food Festival, and at least 3 times in the Family Reunion Area at the end of the New York Marathon.

This year, I didn't hear of any problems at the Puerto Rican Day Parade, but heard of a 12 year old girl killed by a hit and run driver in, I think, Newark, NJ, at a different national origin pride parade (sorry I forg

et the specific).

This weekend in Newark was the Portugese Festival. It was busy. I was there Sunday, and we had about 50 patients on Sunday alone. A lot of assaults and I had a stabbing.

The 12-year old girl who was killed was not near the festival. She crawled under a horse (the wooden kind) to go into the street to an ice-cream truck on the same block as our drunk-tank hospital. She was hit by a Ford work van, and died at the U.

I have worked the Puerto Rican day parade. As I feel my comments would unfairly incriminate me in the Courts of Political Correctness, I hereby invoke my 5th Admendment rights against this line of questioning. I concurrently invoke my 5th admendment rights pertaining to my opinions of the political activists who are claiming the police unfairly detained groups of innocent young men and women, just because they happen to be in the same spot and by sheer coincidence, were wearing the same color schemes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.