V-Tach or Not?

Medic26

Here is a strip from a patient I had yesterday, treated as V-tach but cardiology physician says its not V-Tach but no explanation as to why it isn't either. Whats your opinion? #-o

m_cc1567ed0a7f4a994fff11ea723d053a.jpg

Ok, I can't seem to make it any biger so, the leads are from top to bottom II, I, III

The rate is 156. The image can be viewed in full size on my myspace page.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the LP12, you should be able to get the augmented leads to get a better idea of the axis.

The rate of 156 is plenty fast to be VT.

What did you use to treat it?

Can you get the cardiologist to explain why this isn't VT to you? This isn't a cardiologist specific situation. If you don't treat the patient right, he doesn't get a chance to tell you you were wrong.

What's the link to your myspace page?

Was the patient stable? Were you able to obtain a 12 lead? An assessment of the axis would be helpful. (Right shoulder deviation.) In addition, patient history could also help. For example a history of WPW.

Take care,

chbare.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...imageID=8397320

Patient was stable, treated with lidocaine without success. And the cardiologist was to stuck on himself to talk to some lowly little paramedic and explain it to me. :roll: And I actually didn't think about grabbing a 12 lead until it was to late. This kinda took me by surprise as I was treating this patient for SOB/Pulmonary edema.

Apparently, I'm having some of the same image viewing issues you had in posting it.

Is the rhythm regular?

Is there any discernible irregularity with the R-R intervals?

If the cardiologist has ruled out VT, what are some of the other options? There are only a couple that will meander around the 150 beats per minute range.

How old was the patient?

What was the rhythm when it was converted?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.