NREMT Computer based Testing

Okay, so I was wondering. For those who have tested using the new NREMT computer-based testing, how long did it take for the NREMT account to get verified? I passed my practicals a little over a week ago and have been waiting for my Practical Test Verification and the verification from the school that I passed the course, so that way I can take the NREMT written test. I was told that it should be quick but NOTHING. Thanks!

I had my account set up and my test paid for before I took my final exam. I took my NREMT-B test within two weeks of finishing my class. I took my text on a Saturday, results were posted on Monday, and I received my certificate in the mail on TUESDAY. I was amazed! The verifications should come pretty quick if the person responsible for reporting that your eligable to take the test does it right after you finish class.

Good luck on the test. It wasn't as horrifying as I thought it was going to be. It shut down on me in the early 70's questions. It didn't even take 45 minutes for me to finish. I'm not saying it wasn't hard or that theres no need to study. YOU DO! My friend and I took it at the same time and she had a ton of respiratory questions and I had a lot of OB and cardiac but the test questions are all over the place. The best advice I can give you is read the whole entire question and every answer given. It tries to trip you up.

The school I went through (Mercy) has higher expectations from their students so they make their final harder than the NREMT-B test. We have been told by many people who have gone through the same program that is you pass the final, you should have no problems with the NREMT-B test. I only ask because my entire class is waiting on the two verifications from the school. So I did not know if it was a hang-up with the school or a hang-up with NREMT. I guess it is the school, so I need to call them and try and get things going.

I would imagine the hold up is with the school, not NREMT. Especially if your whole class is having the same problem. NREMT waits for the go ahead from your school saying you passed and that it's all cool for you to take the test. Our school had our results turned in within 3 days.

The school I went through has a very high pass rate for NREMT. If you didn't maintain a good grade point average in the class you weren't permitted to go on to NRT. The collage here has a very high pass rate for their class but their average of students passing NREMT the first time out sucks! Their class costs twice as much and as long as they get their money they couldn't care less if you actually know your stuff or not.

We had 12 students in our class. One worked for the school so it was free for her to take it and just went through the class for the knowledge, never intending to pursue a career in EMS. Two were put through the class by their jobs because they wanted first responders. Out of 12 students, one person failed the class, one student had to take the written final twice but passed ( I HAVE NO CLUE HOW!) . I know there have been 6 out of the class that has taken NREMT and 5 of us passed the first time taking the test. The one girl that took the written final twice flunked the NREMT, NO BIG SURPRISE!

I would call your school and find out what the hold up is.

Josie

I agree.....you need to call your school. Would it be possible to call your instructor ? Maybe he/she can help you out as well.

Study study study. I am 'the friend' of 'itty bitty' and my exam cut me off at 72. I think it took me about 43 minutes from the time I sat down until I was out in the waiting area. Go with your gut instict when answering questions and don't second guess! I too was told that since my scores in class were very high that I wouldn't have a problem with NREMT....in some respects it's true.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.