MONOC is at it again...

Minus 5 for unapproved abbreviation. :)

Can you tell us what MONOC stands for? It isn't even defined in the article.

Anyhow, it's amusing that this dude defends his organisations reputation by saying they are well received at public relations events. :lol:

Yeah, that's a concrete measurement of quality!

MONOC is the name of the local hospital system. They provide ALS and air medical services to a region of eastern NJ.

There's been a lot of questioning regarding MONOC's ability to provide care. There are several unhappy communities that used to have coverage by them and now don't. The reasons for the pulled coverage vary but no one seems to be very consistent in their stories.

I will say I find some of their air medical practices dubious at best. It's also probably a pretty good idea that I don't elaborate.

Lastly, there does seem to be some consistency among people in that particular area with regards to a certain joke...

"There's a reason the three middle letters of their name are 'O! NO!'!" :)

-be safe

Minus 5 for unapproved abbreviation. :)

Can you tell us what MONOC stands for? It isn't even defined in the article.

Anyhow, it's amusing that this dude defends his organisations reputation by saying they are well received at public relations events. :lol:

Yeah, that's a concrete measurement of quality!

Monmouth-Ocean Hospital Service Coorperation

My town was one of the towns that lost the Monoc post when they decided to cut back.

It comes down to Monoc wanting control and wanting to bill. They've been known to easily cancel NorthStar (NJ State Police, staffed with troopers) and transport via ground to Jersey Shore. They lose the chance to bill more if they let NorthStar fly the patient to Robertwood or another hospital of choice. I believe Monoc's main hospital is Jersey Shore Medical Center.

As far as quality goes, there have been some extremely arrogant medics and some really awesome medics I have dealt with as a volunteer.

My town was one of the towns that lost the Monoc post when they decided to cut back.

It comes down to Monoc wanting control and wanting to bill. They've been known to easily cancel NorthStar (NJ State Police, staffed with troopers) and transport via ground to Jersey Shore. They lose the chance to bill more if they let NorthStar fly the patient to Robertwood or another hospital of choice. I believe Monoc's main hospital is Jersey Shore Medical Center.

As far as quality goes, there have been some extremely arrogant medics and some really awesome medics I have dealt with as a volunteer.

Moncock sucks.

Ask them which councilman they pissed off to lose the Atlantic City contract. Even better, ask them what they DID to his family member rather...

It'd be interesting to hear their answer.

I don't know....something about walking a femur fx to the stretcher cause they were pissed....

It'd be interesting to hear their answer.

I don't know....something about walking a femur fx to the stretcher cause they were pissed....

Pissed as in angry or pissed as in Bushy was on a pub crawl pissed? :shock:

Pissed as in angry or pissed as in Bushy was on a pub crawl pissed? :shock:

I guess that's like "smoking a fag"? :|

But, pissed as in angry because they went there earlier and the women refused transport. Then they were called back in the wee hours of the morning.

I guess that's like "smoking a fag"? :|

You know i once made a comment on a camp in high school that i would get a faggot and throw it on the fire, which immediately drew the attention of the deputy headmaster (also an english teacher) who reprimanded me for discrimination and tried to suspend me from school, until i pointed out a faggot is also a bundle of sticks and it was his thought processes out of whack and not mine.

this guy also got stuck into me when i referred to my friends sister as a "thespian", but i severely digress.......back on track

But, pissed as in angry because they went there earlier and the women refused transport. Then they were called back in the wee hours of the morning.

Well well well, they both suck AND blow the proverbial phallic device then don't they :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.