Bigger is not necessarily better - but

Hmm.... so you're saying a small number of well-trained providers who only see critical cases provide better patient outcomes than a plethora of less experienced counterparts?

Now WHERE have I seen that kind of thinking before.........?

One more specialty center to add to all of the others.

Let's see:

Trauma

Cardiac

Stroke

Ortho

Poisoning

Neonatal

With these types of suggestions, is it any wonder that doctors don't want us to think for ourselves?

Hmm.... so you're saying a small number of well-trained providers who only see critical cases provide better patient outcomes than a plethora of less experienced counterparts?

Now WHERE have I seen that kind of thinking before.........?

I see the sarcasm, but are you actually going to deny the obeservation on patient outcomes?

My question is why do we need to study this to realize it?

Deal with a specific patient population frequently, and they do better. How exactly is this newsworthy?

My question is why do we need to study this to realize it?

Deal with a specific patient population frequently, and they do better. How exactly is this newsworthy?

It's newsworthy in that it reminds administrators and public health people of this. It's important b/c you can't assume the obvious in science or medicine.

(As you guys have probably figured out, I'm a proponent of "small study level "science...)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.