So, What an medics do?

spenac - sorry about the typo and thanks for your response. I guess being propped up in the back cannot be too bad.

medic001918 - The thing is, I want to spend some time as a paramedic. If there turn out to be no options for later, then I will have to leave the field but it is something that I, personally, want to do. Who better to ask about the options than people who are living the life?

Have fun on the site, get the advice, then make an educated decision. As EMS grows and if education expands so will the possibilities. Sadly right now gets hard on old timers.

Depending on how they prop me up not to bad but some days a little ruff.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or SWAT teams, however I don't know a ton about swat medics(haven't even been to the tactical ems forum). Probably wan't a bit of experience rather than fresh out of class...but if you get tired of the trucks I'd consider it a neat alternative.

BTW, the reason I chose to attempt to become a medic is basically because I rode out with ATCEMS while working on my basic and that was the first time I have been around people that really loved their jobs. It was actually incredible, especially when compared to the people I knew in my past career. I don't know if that was simple happenstance but I hope to find out.

BTW, the reason I chose to attempt to become a medic is basically because I rode out with ATCEMS while working on my basic and that was the first time I have been around people that really loved their jobs. It was actually incredible, especially when compared to the people I knew in my past career. I don't know if that was simple happenstance but I hope to find out.

Those that last do so because they love it. Sadly many get into it for the wrong reasons. Now you will hear those of us that love it gripe about the low pay, long hours and lack of respect given, but we keep on keeping on, hoping and working for changes. Do it for the right reasons you'll do fine.

You want to put your skills to a test?Why don't you do a couple of long distance jobs with premature babys that need vents and hart monitoring.

Just imagine your self in the back of the bus.

Just you and the baby for the next 5 hours.

Every pot hole you hit on your way to the hospital will make you vomit with fear!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.