Done with medic school

:)

Finally done with my medic class. Tomorrow morning I get the pleasure of going in and turning in all my ride time paperwork and PCRs. Its been a long year and a half and a ton of work but now comes the fun stuff. The practical exam is the first week of June, so I should be eligible for the written early July. I can't wait to start working as a medic. The classroom portion was tough but it was a great experience and I got a lot out of it. The hospital clinical rotations were great I learned a lot and managed to have a great time doing it, it was also nice to get to practice some of the skills. I just finished ride time last week, we went to Tulsa,OK for 2 weeks and that was an awesome experience, the preceptors were great and loved to teach. I managed to learn a lot and get all my points within the first few shifts. A couple more months of studying to get ready for these certification exams then it's time to start working.

Congratulations on finishing class!

I know what a relief it must be and the anticipation of completing your practical exam as well as written must be overwhelming. I'm going to be done with classes in November. It seems such a long way off, yet the last year and a half has gone by quickly.

I wish you nothing but success on your exams.

Good Luck!

Sweet! Now comes the celebration!

Sell all your textbooks and go buy yourself a badge! :o

Seriously, dude... congratulations! Best of luck to you! I hope you can find something better than Boston EMS.

Thanks. I would never go to Boston EMS. I spend too much effort in medic school to go to Boston EMS and work as a basic for the next 3 years or more. I am currently trying to find a good ALS system to work in, one that is busy enough to keep me interested, also progressive and has the opportunity to learn a lot. But I imagine that is what everyone looks for.

I just finished and took the practicle exam already. Talk about nerve racking but I got theough it and you will too. Remember relax and deep breaths. My instructors advice don't look at your sheets the night before the exam, have a beer or two and do your best. You'll suceed.