Just started FMTI

I finally just started my EMT-B course at FMTI (Florida Medical Training Institute) Tampa campus. We use the AAOS ninth edition for texts and My class is one day a week (9-5) for about 4 months. It would seem from my first day of class that this course should be pretty thorough, they don't teach to the test which IMO is a benefit. Anybody ever take one of the courses here or have an opinion?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

• 2 months later...
I finally just started my EMT-B course at FMTI (Florida Medical Training Institute) Tampa campus. We use the AAOS ninth edition for texts and My class is one day a week (9-5) for about 4 months. It would seem from my first day of class that this course should be pretty thorough, they don't teach to the test which IMO is a benefit. Anybody ever take one of the courses here or have an opinion?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I don't know about the EMT course, but I have heard the paramedic course is overpriced for very little teaching. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Why does one choose an expensive trade school in the State of Florida where almost every community college and state tech school offer EMT-B and EMT-P certificates and/or degrees?

The average community college tuition in Florida is $67/credit. The state techs are a little cheaper. At approx 10 credits for EMT-B and 34 for EMT-P for the certificate, the cost is still way less than the privates.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/demo/ems/TrainT...ningcenters.pdf

What is the advantage to attend an expensive private trade school?

No offense, but I have heard nothing but bad reports on FMTI!!

Vent is right. Most CC'S in FL are going to degree programs or at least very good cert programs.

Average cost at a CC is:

EMT- $1200-1600

Medic-$3000-3600.

This includes tuition,books and all extra fees.

At first I was going to go to Health First`s Medic program, but when that folded like a deck of cards, and Brevard Community College's registration had closed, it was FMTI, or face a wait time that I just couldn't afford to wait. So more or less, it came down to last option.

I WILL say that FFTI was MUCH better then alot of other Fire Schools.

I graduated FMTI's EMT-B program a few weeks ago, I had no problem with the course, the instructors, or any of the teaching. It prepared me well for the NREMT test and the cost was bearable for the class. I wouldn't say anything bad about it.

Joe