EMS-Still for emergencies? (private sector EMS only)

hi there richard

you're quite right, the situation is due to the location of the village, but is now under my control, because i chaose to do something about it! i moved here to franschhoek a year and a half ago to make a difference after attending a pva. my belated partner, a spectacular person, firewoman of note!!! were to establish the response service together but she was killed in a mva 15 july 2006 after attending our final meeting. i continued in honour of her and am now launching the company at the begining of next month. medicare emr(emergency medical response) was establish last year to combat the poor service delivery in the area, we will provide a rimmediate response and stabilisation service to our community giving them the peace of mind that they are safe hands till the ambulance arrives. we cant blame the ambulance service itself for the poor response times due to the fact that as a whole they are under resourced and short staffed with large areas to cover. so waiting up to 3 hrs has become a norm for our community.

we are looking at getting an ambulance at a later stage as i'm sure you know the costs involved are high and to sustain it would be complex. i am a aea student and my partner is als, together we are following our passion to help others. we are still trying to obtain funding and sponsorship for the company and aim to have 3 vehicles operational in the area. so maybe if you know of any equipment that is not been used and could be sponsored to our cause, we would really appreciate any help we can get, cause we are the only help they've got. it is a community based project and are getting the community behind us, but the 80% percent of this community is from the previously disadvantaged regime and cant afford things like medical insurance and have to rely on the state service. if you know of anybody who can help, pleace feel free to email me on garth@medicare-emr.co.za

i look forward to your reply

regards garth

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.