FDNY EMT Salary

I'm confused. You're asking for the starting salary, but you posted what it is. What are you really looking for? Like most jobs, salary is usually dependant upon experience and qualifications. Your post just left me confused.

Shane

NREMT-P

Visit this link, and ask the folks who participate in the website about relevant info.

http://members.aol.com/fdnyemswebsite/

If you've already been there, you know what's going on. If you haven't...well, I'll leave it up to you to decide if you want to read the site. There's many diff views, and not many of them are flattering to "Fidney")

The FDNY page used to have a page that listed base pay, then "Fringe" pay, including OT, night diff, etc. and came out with a much higher pay, I guess someone at the union, cried foul because if you check their site, the "fringe" pay has been removed.

You want to earn a "decent living" go to nursing school, become an electrician, plumber or mechanic,,, but don't work for FDNY-EMS,,, There are a lot easier ways to make more money than in EMS in NY.

P.S. This advice comes from a former 10 year vet. of NYC*EMS and FDNY BEMS, I was left as a Paramedic/Lieutenant, and i'm making almost 2 X what i was making

I see them at the E R all the time.They say that you start off with low pay but if you work OT you can get a fatter paycheck.One guy said he made about $40.000 give or take his first year.He also said ''I was so burnt out I all most quite"...he didn't want to say no for the fear of getting fired.

P.S He was just a random FDNY-EMT I bumped into so I don't know if he was blowing smoke up my #$@

I see them at the E R all the time.They say that you start off with low pay but if you work OT you can get a fatter paycheck.One guy said he made about $40.000 give or take his first year.He also said ''I was so burnt out I all most quite"...he didn't want to say no for the fear of getting fired.

P.S He was just a random FDNY-EMT I bumped into so I don't know if he was blowing smoke up my #$@

No, thats sounds about right,,, O.T. night Diff, that definetly possible.

Wow how embarrassing this is....plus with the new contract they lowered the starting salary to 27,200!! Welfare anyone? Glad to see the first responders are treated with class.

No only the cops and firefighters got their salary dropped,,, EMT's and Medics remain the same.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.