need help Studying

I need help. I have a problem with studying the material that we are going over in class. I am doing very well on the tests, but I am just missing the confidence I need, to pass and to be an EMT-B and continue with paramedic classes. I've tried making my own notecards, but there is so much information that it is almost impossible to get all that I want on them. So what I would like to know is if anyone knows where I can get some quality and complete EMT-B and Paramedic flash cards to help me study. I also wouldn't mind a scenario practice guide because the class I am in has yet to talk or practice almost any of the skills that we are expected to know for national registry(supposedly one of the top schools for becoming a medic in Michigan).

I am greatly disappointed at this program and as soon as I graduate the EMT-B test I am transferring to a better school to continue the Medic course. Whats really sad is that now that I am switching, I've taken all the Gen Ed courses and will still only have a certificate instead of the planned associates. At least the program that I am going to is geared toward actually teaching and practicing emergency medicine and not just appeasing a bunch of fire-fighters like this one.

I appreciate all answers.

Plus 5 for evaluating your educational experience critically and taking control of your own education. It sounds like you are on the right path.

As for flash cards, they are an excellent learning aid, but the learning value is almost completely lost if you use pre-made cards. Think about it, why would reading info from the cards be any more valuable than reading it from the book? It isn't. The value is in looking up that information from the book and other sources, then HAND writing it in bullet form on paper. Then further editing that info and HAND writing it on flash cards. Then studying those cards that YOU wrote and YOU are sure you will understand. That process of not just reading the info, but processing it through your mind three times as you transcribe it, is what will burn it into your brain.

Pre-made cards are great reference tools, but they are worthless as learning tools.

...I have a problem with studying the material that we are going over in class...there is so much information that it is almost impossible to get all that I want on them...

Dust stated a great point very clearly with "think about it, why would reading info from the cards be any more valuable than reading it from the book?".

We all learn and retain information differently. It is the process. Flash cards are great if you create them yourself. Maybe recording lectures and playing them back would help you retain information more efficiently.

My suggestion is to research your learning style, i.e., visual vs. auditory, then use that to your benefit.

Just my $.02

Good luck :lol:

• 3 years later...