taking stuff from hospitals ?(lets be honest)

i know i take supplies, and stuff from the hospital, sheets, blankets gloves etc...

what else have you taken for pt's or for yourself ? i've had partners take scrubs, washclothes etc...

im guilty of taking a box of gloves for myself

what else have you taken for pt's or for yourself ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I've taken anything for myself. I've overstocked on blankets/sheets/towels before for the rig, but I don't count that. Usually our rigs have enough of the common supplies that you'd easily find at the hospital. I've taken a forhead thermometer before, but showed it to the nurse before putting it in my pocket to gain permission.

I do, though, know a guy whose taken actual rounds of epi, atropine, and a few banana bags for a home kit. He's a certified medic (but was still working as an EMT at the time). He said he'd like to have it just in case a family member or close friend went down, otherwise wouldn't use them. ..

We may end up using medication drips or meds from a sending facility if we are on a transfer. In addition, we may use a blanket or seet depending on the patients condition. My employer supplies everything I need to provide patient care however.

Take care,

chbare.

Linens & such...things that are washable and/or reusable, we just swap it out in the E.R.

Perishables & non-reusables...such as drugs, O2 delivery masks, etc...we replenish them @ the appropriate department in the hospital. Then we log this with them, and they bill the patient.

Usually.

As far as PILFERAGE...maybe gloves that I used for that patient, as I'm walking out the ER...if I happen to pass by an open box. It's an accepted practice at our medcom hospital, though.

yes most things are common practice, taking and swapping out linen, replacing 1 time use equipment to maintain a fully stocked ambulance.

i was gearing it torwards more of excess stocking, or taking it for personal kits, or personal use.

OHHH, you meant stealing!

Seriously, though....no. Excessive stocking, to me, is a waste of vital space on board a rig. As far as the personal kits go...unless the provider also works for the hospital, they're thieves. Just my thoughts on it.

OHHH, you meant stealing!

Seriously, though....no. Excessive stocking, to me, is a waste of vital space on board a rig. As far as the personal kits go...unless the provider also works for the hospital, they're thieves. Just my thoughts on it.

yup pretty much. not exactly though ...

just asking

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.