Learning Meds...

If you are a long-time, experienced medic needing a review, that is a good resource. But if you are learning drugs or anything else for the first time, I would avoid that site -- and any other resource that gives you info without having to look it up for yourself -- like a plague. It will cripple your education. The primary educational value of flash cards is the learning you achieve by looking up the information, transcribing it by hand, shortening it into bullet form by hand, then writing it again on cards. That process is what burns the info into your brain. Simply reading what somebody else wrote over and over won't do it. Look the info up in a PDR or some other COMPREHENSIVE resource. Read ALL of the information for that drug. Don't just read the indications and dosages. Read ALL of that information so that it is presented to you in full context, enhancing your understanding. The point is to learn and understand pharmacology, not to just memorise drug indications and dosages that fit neatly on a 3x5 card. Forget the shortcuts. You're only shorting your education.

I also made up my own drug cards. Additionally, I took some advice from AK in a thread long ago about this. I carry them everywhere with me. If I have some time between calls, I will take them out and go over them. If we're waiting for lunch, I'll go over them. Anytime I have some downtime, this is what I'll do. My partner is especially helpful. She will quiz me constantly on class, dose, indications, contraindications, route, side effects and desired effects of the medications.

Dustdevil gave some excellent advice. Please do not look for any shortcuts.

Good Luck,

Jake