Masimo RAD 57 SPCO oximeter? Anybody use?

jafo

Jafo : place a call to Masimo and speak with Jeff Goegal . We purchased one last year and he was extremely helpful and at the time offered a EMS discount plus a trade in rebate of used pulse ox's even broken ones. We have a lot of CO calls also and in the last several months there have been multiple fatalities due to CO poisoning in the county and state. As P-3 mentioned it is a great tool to assist in triaging pt's to help you make informed transport decisions. Also helps to convince someone who is borderline and not willing to be transported, showing them their elevated CO levels and those of a normal reading will often convince them to be seen at the ER.

Another excellent use is in fire scene rehab checks of FF involved in suppression. They all get checked after every air bottle before being allowed to go back in. With all the toxic materials today the rad 57 provides one more way for us to protect them, so we all go home safe... :D

Identifying the unrecognized CO poisoned patient is the purpose of the study we are participating in because flu like symptoms are the same. My service would never have come up with the cash for these devices so we are getting them through research.

I did my own experiment on Saturday. Baseline Co level was 1% and only 2% after smoking a Fuente Churchill. If I would have had more time I would have smoked a second Fuente. Will have to try that some other weekend.

Live long and prosper.

Spock

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.