future career

Well I've been thinking about what im going to do after high school, and I've always wanted to do something in the medical field area. so I've been thinking about trying to go to college after high school, and doing something in the nursing field such as Emergency nursing, Critical care nursing,or Flight/transport nursing. working in an emergency department or something of the sort for several years and eventually trying to become a flight nurse with LifeLine or someone like that.

Any thoughs would be well appreciated.

I don't know much about nursing because I didn't choose that profession. I would assume, however, that to be a Critical Care nurse or Emergency Room nurse, one must have several years experience in nursing prior to that. Flight nursing is even more strict, with about 5 years experience total with ER and CC experience. What I would suggest is taking a thorough A&P course after graduating. You will have much more of an understanding when you start nursing school. Any knowledge you can gather beforehand will pay off. You will be overloaded with so much info, and having a good grasp on A&P will pay off very much.

Good goals.. but you will have plenty of time to narrow that down. Make good grades, keep out of trouble, and have fun.

You are like a half a million others.. obtain your degree either in EMS or Nursing. Then after several years experience, you will be able to find out the rest of the qualifications and experience needed. You have plenty of time to figure that out...

R/r911

Wow, you have more of a plan put together than some adults I know! Get with a guidance counselor, kick some thoughts around and fine tune that plan. Like Rid said, get good marks, keep your nose clean and don't forget to have fun as well. I remember well....... being 15....you got the world by the tail......and it only gets better when you can make your own way in this world and be the type of person you can be proud of being. Please stop back and let us know what's up and if you have questions, please ask. You will get a lot of key advice from seasoned medics who know their stuff.

Many good thoughts and wishes go with you as you continue your journey.

:D Thank you everyone for your responses and ideas. at the moment ive got a start going since i passed my first responder test and got my certification.

hehe come to Australia and do a double Bachelor Degree of Nursing/Bachelor of Emergency Health. You can work as a paramedic and a CC/ED nurse.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.