ambulance tracking systems

Just Plain Ruff

Facinating idea, I've never seen it in NY, NJ, MD, DC, or VA, but it's a GREAT Idea.... sounds a little cost prohibitive when a charge nurse can just say "ohh, medic XXX, go to room 3... "

I don't see the real benefit of it.. Please explain what you think it would acomplish, as well as the cost benefit. LOL

thanks

Former

They made it part of an overall ED computerization system. So it didn't cost anything except a monitor in the hallway from the EMS parking area.

One of the hospitals in our area does that for medic units. It is on a plasma screen between the first and second door to the ER so you can see it wheeling in. It contains your unit number, patient CC. and room assingment. It is kind of nice to have

As an update to my earlier post. I was at the level 2 trauma center that had the electronic patient tracking board and there was a simple "incoming" listed under the beds that were currently reserved for incoming ambulances. It didn't give enough information to go straight to the room just from looking at the board. Another fairly busy hospital just went to a fully electronic system also, but it doesn't appear that it has an option for (or they aren't using it yet) listing incoming ambulance units.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.