Leaving EMS for good

LeannEMT-AI

I am leaving because I am tired of the politics here. I will be a boss at my new job and I am excited.

Careful what you wish for. Being a boss ain't so easy. I used to work for a computer consulting firm. My goal was to get into project management. One day my dream came true and they made me a manager. Oh, my, but did that suck. Managing people is non-trivial, and I seem to be a better doer than manager.

After awhile, I managed to work myself into the position of still being a manager, but with no one under me. That was the best thing. I had a nice title that impressed clients when I went out to see them. And it was a helpful title to have, because often I had to interact with various levels of client-management who were non-technical themselves. The best thing was though, that I really didn't have to manage anyone. Actually, I would often coordinate various activities, but to coordinate a bunch of people who are self-managing is not really the same thing as to be their boss. A manager of no one. That's what I was :-). And I liked it!

Politics is everywhere too. Inescapable. Good attitude is the solution. Stay focused on the job to be done (or on the patient to be helped).

Bottom line though, and despite all I've just said, if you have a new job that you're excited about, then that's a good thing. That's a really good thing. Go for it.

Thank you CD, and those of you who understand. I may not post here often but I joined this site because my best friend is also a member here and she always tole me about what a great site. Just becuause I have not posted much does not mean that I have not been here. This move from EMS was not planned. It actually just came about last month and I decided I am tired of the working 6-7 days with one off, I am tired of the politics in our hospital. So those of you who doubt me, do whatever you want to make yourselves feel better.

No I am not going anywhere, I will be on every once in a while. (Like always) HA HA HA :D .

I don't think anyone was doubting you. Some of us who don't use the chat room just found it odd that you had two posts, and one was announcing your departure from EMS. It has nothing to do with making ourselves feel better about anything. In fact, I did wish you good luck in my first post.

Shane

NREMT-P

You will be back. We'll leave the light on for you.

LOL! Best reply in the thread, right there! :)

Yeah, don't let your cert expire. Multi Level Marketing ain't all it's cracked up to be at those hard-sell Amway pep-rallies.

You will be back. 8)

• 1 month later...

Hello Everybody! Well here is a little update on myself.

The new job started out rough, I was not sure what i was getting myself into, but things are starting to settle into place. I sure keep busy though. I am doing things that I had no clue how to do. It sure is different. I am starting to enjoy my old job everyday, however, I do miss working the ambo. I just hear the sirens and I feel that adreneline going.

I got an offer to go back and work one EMS shift a month. I am looking at the possibility of this. I am not exactly sure of what I want to do at this point, but you bet I will figure it out!

Well I just wanted to keep you all updated on me! I am on the site every once in a while.

You know that's how it starts, I"ll just take one hit (shift) this time. It then gets to be one hit a week and before you know it you are full bore to the hilt hitting it. One hit turns in to one hit a week then one hit a day and finally you just say, screw it, I've gotta go back to this it's too much of a rush.

"Come back to the Dark Side Luke"

"Come back to the Dark Side Luke"

Technically, Luke couldn't come BACK to the dark-side, because he was never a "dark-side" Jedi...unless you're referring to in the expanded universe novels, where he (temporarily) serves under a clone of the Emperor. No one really counts that :(

Rescue 1

Chief Medical Officer & Star Wars SuperGeek

Galactic Alliance Medical Frigate "Redemption"

Technically, Luke couldn't come BACK to the dark-side, because he was never a "dark-side" Jedi...unless you're referring to in the expanded universe novels, where he (temporarily) serves under a clone of the Emperor. No one really counts that :(

Rescue 1

Chief Medical Officer & Star Wars SuperGeek

Galactic Alliance Medical Frigate "Redemption"

Oh my god and I thought I was an uber SW geek!!

Yes he was temporarily a Dark Jedi serving under Palpatine but Leia saved him. I love the expanded universe, though I am bored to tears when it comes to stories about Han's and Leia's kids.

I am going to shoot myself now!!!

Peace,

Marty

Yeah...and although this WILL be off topic, I love the EU...even with Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin (RIP). I hate that Chewie died...however, currently, Jacen is now supposed to be the new Sith Lord, and trying to take Ben Skywalker as an apprentice? The series is going downhill, stat.

Ok, sorry guys. Had to be said. I'm done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.