Is no one else worried about this guy?

Michael

“If the Liver qi is deficient, one may suffer from blurred vision, contraction of the tendons, tightness under the ribcage, shortness of breath, ridged and thin nails, green complexion, and a tendency to be sad and scared [and feeling like] a refugee being chased around.”

~ Chao Yuanfang (570–632), Zhubing yuanhou lun [General Treatise on the Causes and Symptoms of Diseases]

Here's your patient > :lol:. He looks sick to me, though his spirit seems cheerful, brave, and resolute. Blood stasis? Any other ideas?

Since Liver and Gall Bladder are Zang and Fu, mother and child, etc and his liver qi is deficient (xue) then he has an excess of qi of the gall bladder, which could cause pain in the hips, thighs, knees and ankles as well as the muscles of the lateral legs since the Gall Bladder meridian runs down this aspect of the patients leg. He should be given treatments which tonify the Liver so that it may draw qi back from the Gall Bladder. Also, treatments which sedate the gall bladder will help with this condition. What is the appearance of the patients tongue?

It may be helpful to consult the Yellow Emperors Classic of Internal Medicine and also the Treatise of Cold Induced Disease.

Who's scouts in here? I had a flashback of morning flag ceremony this summer, chanting the 12 points lol.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

What youve quoted their doesnt appear to the from the Nei Jing (Yellow Emperors Classic), so Im not sure what you mean.

Although what I quoted was from an "influential compendium" ... "[f]ollowing [the] theories set out in the Yellow Emperor’s Classic," I was actually referring only to the patient's complexion. Emperor Smiley is as yellow a potentate as they come. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.