FDNY EMT

nyrescue

Before one of the moderators rip you a new one ... do a browse on this site,, this topic has been discussed numerous times before.

To answer you question very briefly, timing is everything. They got lucky.

Also did you just call them or did you actually submit an application ?

It is a little presumptuous to think that you are the last EMT in NYC and just cause you called them and spoke with some dim wit in personnel that they actually recorded your name let alone plan on calling you back.

former

FDNY EMS LT, NYC*EMS LT, blah blah

Before one of the moderators rip you a new one ... do a browse on this site,, this topic has been discussed numerous times before.

To answer you question very briefly, timing is everything. They got lucky.

Also did you just call them or did you actually submit an application ?

It is a little presumptuous to think that you are the last EMT in NYC and just cause you called them and spoke with some dim wit in personnel that they actually recorded your name let alone plan on calling you back.

former

FDNY EMS LT, NYC*EMS LT, blah blah

can u show anyone where there is an actual appliation ?

I dont know what "station" to walk into to get an application, I also just called a few days ago not expecting them to call back so soon of course but if there is another entrance process please share very interested.

the only application i can think of is civil service fdny emt and filing for that isnt until june

O.K. folks, you can lead a horse to water .......

go to the New york City Dept of Civil Service Web Site @

www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/employment/examschedule/shtml

There is the list of EVERY civil service job test in NYC. Under EMS you will see the test for EMT and Paramedic is being opened on June 6, 2007 and closes June 26, 2007.

I don't know if the test is still the same but maybe some current NYC people can chime in.

Used to be a NYS-EMT card, and a Valid Drivers License got you a 70 (passing score).

Then you get like 5 points a year if you worked in the NYC 9-1-1 system, 2 points a year for private ambulance work, and maybe 1 point a year for volunteering.

If you want to get hired off as a provisional employee I don't know if FDNY still does that, you can hop the subway to their HQ and pick up an application there.

Best of luck happy trails,

Stay safe, Former

Hello, I registered to be a FDNY EMT in July of 2006. I recently got a letter in the mail calling me in for my physical, actually this Saturday haha. Then, considering that I pass, I believe that I have to go through psychological and medical testing and have a background investigation. I have heard that it takes about 6 months to one year to get called up for the physical after registering. I guess I lucked out and only had to wait 6 months on the list. Anyway, you can go to the FDNY employment website at http://nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/community/ems_employment.shtml . This gives information about how to go about registering and telling you about the very low salary and the benefits available. However, even though you can go to the website and see for yourself, basically you just have to call this number (718) 999-2169 and tell them that you would like to register for the EMT list. They ask for your EMT number (must be a NYS EMT. I live in New Jersey and had to get reciprocity), name, drivers license number, home address and telephone number. Good luck!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.