Question for KY EMT's

EMTgirl2006

Hi! I'm Brandy, and this is only my second post ever. I'm from KY and I just found out that I passed the NREMT exam! YAYYYYY! I am absolutely thrilled. My question is: will I get my state card in the packet from NREMT or will it come separately? If so, about how long does it usually take to get the state card in the mail after getting the nat'l? According to the website, my NREMT stuff was sent out yesterday. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks everyone! :D

Hi Brandy,

Congradulations on passing.

When you get your written notice of passing the NR, you will have to apply to KY for your state card.

Your instructor might do this for you, after you sign the application.

Be safe,

PC

• 1 month later...

Hey congrats on passing NREMT, pain in the butt, but hey KY doesn't have anything better, though there are thoughts of changing that soon - and yes that is directly from some of the people at KBEMS ! There is some serious frustration with the test. I try to take it every two years to stay updated as I am an instructor candidate to keep up with what they are asking and how it's being asked.

As far as getting your KY cert, I would think your instructor would have filled that out. As soon as they receive your passing scores, they will send you the card. You may be in the first cert cycle to get a hard card or that may be starting next year (I know they are requiring everyone as of this year's recert to sign a DMV form to get their license pic and driving record). If not, you get a pain in the butt paper card that you have to cut out. They don't even perforate it or put lines around it. It's a real pain. Make sure you sign it too 'cause if you ever have to show your card (ie you stop at an accident scene off duty, especially in another county) if it's not signed they can really give you some grief. If you want to know if it's been processed yet, call the EMS board (can get number from www.kbems.ky.gov) and talk to Patti Jeffries - she handles all basic apps and very helpful. Also might want to check out hultgren.org (ky ems connection) as it keeps a current list of employment for everything from first responder to medic and dispatch. Good luck, be safe, and listen and learn out there !

Thanks everyone for your replies! I actually recieved my state card in the mail about a month ago...it was the hard card, yay! I am now employed at my local hospital. The road would be more fun, but the pay and benefits is much better there. Our local services (who hire newbies) start out at $7 an hour with no health benefits or anything. So I'm happy where I am. Everyone stay safe and best wishes!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.