Career day

emtek

Altamedic wrote:

emtek wrote:

I also like the heart monitor idea. Unfortunately I don't work for an ambulance company, I work in the ED as a tech so I'm not sure that the hospital will be willing to lend one out.

You dont need to ask there is usually 5 or so laying around that rarly get used, I believe that they are on things called "Crash Carts" They wont miss one for an hour or so.

I'd hate to be the person who took that rarely used crash cart monitor and took it to career day and my grandpa walking by that code cart and he codes. That would be bad.

I think I'd ask before I took that rarely used monitor off that rarely used crash cart. Remember in EMS if it's in the least bit needed you will need it at the least opportune time.

I’ve don’t this a number of times. We generally rock up with the lights flashing then when they all run out to meet us we get them all dressed up in a high-vis ambulance vests, hard hats, a pair of purple or blue gloves they also get a badge that says ‘Junior Paramedic’ (they get to keep). Then they all climb aboard, in they back they can just play around with all the gear, rip the truck to peaces and we answer any random questions they might have. Then we go round into the cab, a few kids get to talk to the comms operator over the radio while the others play with the lights and horn and push buttons. Then we get them to sit down outside the truck and we get a couple of kids up on the stretcher to show them how it goes in and out n lowers, they get to suck up a glass or water with the suction, dip their hands into a big bowl of red paste that we made from flower and water and pretend they have bloody hands ect... When we leave they get a goodie bag with stickers, balloons, poster, magnet, pens, ruler, lolly pops, pen torch, keyring and a volunteer with us brochure lol…

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.