Licence to practice?

paramaniac

My suggestion is to contact the NREMT personally and discuss this with them . Because one is licensed within an area does not automatically means one is eligible for NREMT. You might have actually exceeded their requirements. Again, one needs to correspond with them for official interpretation.

R/r 911

Hello Guys

I have applied for reciprocity accreditation of my UK Paramedic qualifications, I am very pleased to say it has been accepted :lol:

I will receive a restricted licence initially (couple of skills I need to be signed off with).

So, my question is, now I am state registered & licensed to practice in one area, do I automatically qualify for the NREMT register?

Do I need to register with the NREMT? Any pro's & con's to consider?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Contacting them is indeed best, if you need contact info PM me and I will send it. In all likelihood you will qualify for the test, if I knew what State you are getting your cert in I could answer with more clarity. Terminology can be a bit of a game here in the States. Only a few States are "licensed" most States "certify" as opposed to license. Everybody wants to control the medics! When California changed from certification to licensure and even endorsed the National Registry they made sure to still require county by county "acreditation". None if it had much value to us but it made for writing a LOT of different checks to all the agencies that wanted our money.

Even where not required i recommend the NR, besides the fact that they have a really cool patch... I am the eternal optimist. It still represents our best chance to someday being able to practice nationally without needing a trailer to carry our certs with us. It also makes it a little easier to move around and challenge other tests ( so we can give MORE people money)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.