I passed my EMT class!!! Hello National Registry.

vcfd35s

This past week I recieved my Certificate of Completion for my EMT class. I did pretty well in the class, and definately learned alot. I was the only student in my class to do more than one ride along. I just love the ride alongs, they are so much fun, and exciting!!!

So, I have my Exam scheduled for the first week in January. I wanted to take it soon so I dont forget what I learned. I am little nervous however, because this is the first class that is taking the computer based testing as opposed to the written. Im sure it wont be too bad. So, For the next few days I will be reviewing my book and if all goes well, I plan to apply with a company called Westmed/McCormick here in Southern California that is strictly BLS 911. They are first in with LA County Fire. Its a pretty sweet gig for EMTs, because you are the primary 911 and you do IFTs if you are in the area. So, if pass I will be an employee of Westmed at the end of January.

Thanks everyone for all your help, and I hope to share my experiences and advice with the upcoming EMTs. :wink:

Congrats with passing class!

While taking the NR, there is usually more than one "Right" answer, so choose the "Most Correct" answer. It may not be complete, as you learned in class, but it will be the most correct of the choices offered.

After you pass, the fun will really begin. Keep taking all the classes you can, observe the best partners you can find, and ask all the questions you need to (after the run is over).

See ya,

PC

Thanks alot guys and gals....its been drilled in my head ABCs before anything else, If O2 wasnt mentioned in the question then your answer is administering O2...treat all life threats while assesing ABCs....and AIRWAY, AIRWAY, AIRWAY!!!