TB

akroeze

I am immune to TB having had the BCG vaccine does this mean my mandatory TB test will come back positive when I start my rotations?

Your (and my) BCG provides limited protection against certain strains of TB. We do NOT have immunity and it wears off in time.

How is this going to affect my employment chances?

It wouldn't.

You would receive your annual PPD, which will show up as abnormal (slightly raised and reddened after 48 hours) you will follow up with a CXR, which will be normal (unless you have active TB) Job done, sign here, get back to work.

All of this has to be done before they will stamp your US visa in the UK anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I just got a phone from one of our supervisors saying a guy we transported last week had TB and to come down to get tested, today. If it takes two weeks to come up in tests, I guess I"ll have to take another one in a week.

Anyone know if I get to know exactly which patient it was and if their TB was active/latent? How much info do I have the right to know about?

How effective are the TB medications?

I thought that standard procedures with anyone who has a positive PPD test (vaccine or TB) would proceed straight to CXR. Why waste time when you know, and should have documents showing, that a skin test would be positive?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.