BLS pushing ALS drugs in a "pinch"

NREMT-Basic

:banghead: I respect that you feel you are in one of the most progressive EMS systems in the country and that you feel you save medic butt on a regular basis, however being as young as you are, I doubt you have the experience most of us have with other service areas and states. It's easy to think you're the best when you have never seen another way.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He said to me the other day, he'll be behind me with whatever treatment modality I choose as long as I can produce evidence that it was in the p/t's best interest of their outcome. "

Yeah right he is lying to your face. Let something go to court because a family is suing you for something you thought was the right treatment modality what ever it was. Who cares if it was in the best interest of the patient. When he is sitting on the stand and ask if that was in protocol and says no, do you think that any jury will sit there and say well it was in the best intrest of the pt. Or if they ask him if he gave you that order or that you asked for the order do you think he will lie in court for you. Hell no. Trust me he may tell you that he'll be behind you is not total truth. Like I said if it is between your or his license, you are going to lose because he will have way to much to lose for something you thought was in the best intrest of the patient.

Brock

Brock, you are absolutely correct.

I can tell you for one thing - if it's between my license and another person's license you can bet that I'm gonna cover my ass like heck(don't want to swear twice in one post).

The scenario was this - the emt pushed the morphine, the medic lied about this on the report. That is WRONG And I'm not sure why this is such a hard thing to understand.

But then again it might just be me.

And Nifty, it is hard to detect sarcasm in such a post as yours. But I do apologize if Florida does allow iv starts by emts I did not know and unfortunately assumed that as an emt you could not do that type of skill. Kudos for florida for allowing that.

But we're not really talking about iv's here are we are talking about a medication that many if not all emt's are not trained to give at any time. That is the issue we are talking about.

Brock, you are absolutely correct.

I can tell you for one thing - if it's between my license and another person's license you can bet that I'm gonna cover my ass like heck(don't want to swear twice in one post).

The scenario was this - the emt pushed the morphine, the medic lied about this on the report. That is WRONG And I'm not sure why this is such a hard thing to understand.

And Nifty, it is hard to detect sarcasm in such a post as yours. But I do apologize if Florida does allow iv starts by emts I did not know and unfortunately assumed that as an emt you could not do that type of skill. Kudos for florida for allowing that.

But we're not really talking about iv's here are we are talking about a medication that many if not all emt's are not trained to give at any time. That is the issue we are talking about.

It is not a Florida thing. It is a county medical director thing. FL does not have nor recognize intermediates at this time.

so AK as a basic in florida are they allowed to start iv's

I'm still skeptical

If it's a county thing then wouldn't he be practicing out of his scope as an EMT starting iv's?

It's not just you Ruff. This was very clear in the first few posts, and has been contorted beyond recognition into several entirely separate subjects. :roll:

Don't forget the lying medic. His lying in his documentation paints a very poor picture of his ability, and calls into question all previous patient contacts he has documented.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.