Personal AED grants?

ReD

I asked her and she said that she simply wrote a grant purposal saying that she wished to obtain the AED and that she wanted to have it because her school district has a large number of elderly teachers and support staff and the town she works in has no 911 responders. And it didnt cost her a dime. Pretty good deal I think.

• 2 weeks later...
any such thing? money out there for someone to get a personal AED that anyone knows of?

There are grants for just about anything if you are creative enough and know where to look and your timing is perfect... can't say I know of a specific "grant" for personal AEDs. Several of the online AED sales folks offer "grants" that are really just sale prices on their stock...

That being said I am a distributor for 5 brands of AEDs and if I know it is for a volunteer responder who is buying out of pocket I will cut pretty deep. I have sold new AEDs I have been able to dovetail onto a large sale and been able to sell for as little as 600. Even if I don't have anything with that volume I can hook into I can get one's and two's for 750.00

Keep in mind this is my business and livelyhood though so I can't offer everyone that price...but I do anything I can to help.... another possibility is watch for AEDs that are being replaced with upgrade units...you can pick up monophasic and 2002 standard units pretty cheap. I have been able to donate a number of them to folks that would otherwise have to go without and are at risk. Heart Association ECC and Red Cross have stated the technology is not SO different that the old units need to be scrapped and I would NEVER put one in line service where there was ANY possibility of getting a biphasic 2005 standard unit placed.

Send me an email or call e toll free at (800) 646-4392 and let me know what your circumstances are and I will do my VERY best to help.

• 1 year later...

You can contact the AED companies (are you volunteer or rural) and they will assist you on getting a personal AED. The only time I know that you don't have to pay is if they recognize your need and you'll probably get a used one. It's definitely worth a try. Contact only one at a time though. Good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.