Central Florida EMS

OK, so maby they whole Jersey thing was a bad idea. Im thinking about going back to whence i came. BUT, I want to do some private/EMS only until I can get back into shape for Fire. So, whos hiring for EMS in the Central Florida area?

And Coastal Health Systems of Brevard does NOT count as EMS.....more like Medical Transportation

Rural Metro and Lake Sumter EMS are your only 911 options in central FL.

What??!!! You don't like COastal...lol *(sarcasm)

Several other interfacilities in Central area but for emergencies you are limited to those two.

Been there, done that with CHSB......they wouldnt let me on the road with NR/NJEMT, so I dispatched for them..... wasnt really my cup of tea, but ya never know.....

So I`m caught between a rock and a hard place now......go finish up and get my FFII, or get my Medic...

damn, I duno....

any suggestions?

Little late Todd.

Orlando's cutoff was in October but all the guys are getting notifications now for testing. Orange County always is accepting apps, but regardless, he is not eligible as he doesnt have FF II.

So my best advice is to decide whether or not you want to be a medic or a FF. Yes, everyone does both in Florida but the reason I say that is that will determine which route you take to getting hired.

If you want to be a FF, by all means go get FF II and start applying once completed. Just remember, FF/EMTs are a dime a dozen and the competition is fierce.

If you want to be mostly medical, go get your paramedic done and then start applying. Paramedics are needed everywhere and the fact that you already have FF I would be a plus as now they only have to send you for part of the program. Paramedics are first to get hired and many departments are now offering to pay for fire training to get them on staff.

Third option is to complete both and then pick which department you want to work for as your options are pretty much unlimited when you have both FF and Paramedic.

Good Luck!

I know Lee County isn't in central FL, but Lee County EMS is hiring EMT's and medics, we're a 3rd service government operated ALS transport service. We handle all 911 traffic and 911 and non-911 interfacility transfers. We are the sole transport provider in Lee County.

Here's our website:

www.lee-ems.com/ems/default.htm

EMT salary : $44,562 / yr starting

Medic salary: $52,712 / yr starting

I also have an ad posted in the classified section:

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/ads_item.php?id=63

Look forward to hearing from ya!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.