Most awkward/weird place for a call?

danieljones87

I don’t see how you don’t understand what I've written? I makes perfect sence to me. Maybe we have different grammar over here in Australia.

Personally, if you have anything good to say then don’t say it at all. I was only putting in my 2cents worth. You don’t have to read what I've posted.

And ofcourse I know what equipment I've been using. I've only been doing first aid every weekend for 6 years!

Anybody ever notice how most threads on this site usually end up this way? Someone will misspell (a commonly misspelled word) something or exaggerate a story just a little bit (i.e. "drive like crazy"), which someone else will reply to with something along the lines of "Learn to type because if you can't spell, you don't belong in EMS", or "If you did this one thing or acted this one way which could be possibly borderline irresponsible, you have no respect for the thousands of others doing the same job and are making them look bad". One of these comments is almost always followed by three or four other people coming to the defense of the original poster (who will rarely look through that particular thread to see if anyone responded to his post), which will cause another rebuttal from the original critic of the post and usually some of his or her friends. This will all inevitably lead to a posting war between the Stick-Up-The-Butt Professionals who take things way too seriously and need to take a well-deserved vacation where they could possibly even get a massage, against the Laid-Back-Hippies who are responsible for most preventable deaths and accidents in the field due to their lackadaisical ways of driving a few mph over mandated speed limit when conditions are favorable and someone bleeding out in the back. That is the end of my rant, so now I will sit back, eat some popcorn and chuckle while I watch as my post is agreed with by some and torn apart by others, all leading to another post war which will eventually cause the two divided sides of the fight this site forever to start their own EMS Websites, and leaving EMTCity to people like me who just want to talk about different aspects of the profession we have all chosen to devote ourselves to (partially or wholly), where we will flourish and prosper in our argument-free discussion threads. And now for the misspelled word of the post: SEPERATE!! The post has ended. Draw your swords.

JCicco345,

Please keep your LOL negative comments LOL to yourself, there is no need LOL for you to be negative LOL towards someone. They were only trying LOL to share their LOL experiences with everyone. I for one had no problem LOL reading the post. I guess some people LOL just are inconsiderate idots LOL.

JCicco345, by the way: LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Hey why dont you LOL give me some money for every LOL I put in my post. LOL

Anyway, I've only been in EMS for a couple of years, but I would have to say the most weirdest place was in a full nude strip club in the downtown region. Guy started a bar fight and everyone else joined in including some of the strippers. In the end, there were 3 stirippers knocked into a coma, the guy who started it had 3 open skull fractures from broken beer bottles and a flail segment. 3 other people were treated and transported for other injuries. It was funny to read in the news papers and hear it on the radio, medic's 18, 1 and 2 respond second, third and fourth units to assault at yadda yadda yadda.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

• Like 1

Hey Mark,

You are absolutely right about the way these threads go...though it didn't used to be this way.

I think most of the people that have been here more than a couple of months would disagree with your assumption that this is a place to come and 'shoot the breeze.' Most of us come here to learn, and being non-judgemental does not serve that purpose.

Timmy sounds like a dedicated young man, he's been doing this a long time, but he has habits that are absolutely going to hold him back. The way he speaks and writes. If he truly wants to succeed as a professional, these are issues he needs to deal with. Unfortunately he is following the advice of those that tell him not to worry about appearing ignorant and is starting to think his posts are cute. And that's a shame...He's too good for that.

Timmy I look forward to your posts! I think you have more experience than many people here but it gets lost in your lazy posting.

Keep posting! Keep working hard! But stop listening to the people that are telling you that the way you represent yourself is unimportant...It's much more than important, it's vital.

Dwayne

Oh yea by the way, Since where does someone who's 17 come off correcting someone?

Anyway, Respect your elder's, I'm 20.

Here's something that I don't get. Why is it that a majority of people around here have the whole I'm God medic attitude around here. Picking people apart for stupid shit, you know hundreds of people who aren't medic's or emt's continually look at this site to see if EMS is something they would like to get into. Well with people picking people apart with their posts and the whole God attitude, who would want to? It's no wonder the medic that used to be is a dying breed.

Mark I agree with your post

Mark I vehemently disagree with your post

That said

The wierdest place I've ever worked a call was in the Coal Shute of a Coal fired powerplant. Code blue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.