Any one know any thing about old equipment?

ptfd121

Since my last post looking for old equipment, I have been graced with a few contributions. Now I'm looking to get some information.

I had a Becton Dickson Stat VI defibrillator donated, anyone know when they were made or anything else about them?

Also picked up a Datascope M/D3A defib, looking for info on it's manufacture date also. I tried both companies websites but they don't seem to want to poney up any info.

Also got a MRL 450 SL and a MRL 360 XL. Looking for the same info on these as well.

The last defib I got was a Litegaurd 9. It's a big old ugly thing, made by TemTech. If anyone out there knows any info on these, I would appreciate it.

I did finally get my hands on a biophone! It cost me but it was well worth it. I have also aqquired a LifePak 10.

Again, thanks to all of you for your help in my previous posts for old equipment, including the donation of an old Dynamed smock.

Dan

MRL is owned by Welch Allen now, they don't seem to want to return emails, but I'll keep trying. As to the 10 not being an antique, it really isn't, but I think it was introduced around 1991 which is when the LP-5 production was stopped. I have an LP-4, that thing weight 47lbs. What an anchor!

Aww yes, an LP 4 . they were a lot lighter than the 9's.. I believe you might find some material in some books.. such as "Emergency Cardiac Care" as well as "Principles and Practices for the EMT- Paramedic", "Advanced Life Support Procedures for the Paramedic" I will try to find some of my older books.. these are from the mid to late 70'2 early 80's copyright.

They have steps on how to use the MRL, etc.. as well as some pics...

R/r 911

Also picked up a Datascope M/D3A defib, looking for info on it's manufacture date also. I tried both companies websites but they don't seem to want to poney up any info.

First time I remember seeing or hearing about the Datascope MD3 was 1979. I believe that was when it was introduced, or possibly 78.

Also got a MRL 450 SL and a MRL 360 XL. Looking for the same info on these as well.

Sweet! I was using the 360 by the mid 70s, and I believe the 450 came out around the late 70s. That's about all I can tell you about those. I didn't used them long as we replaced everything with LP5s by 79.

I did finally get my hands on a biophone! It cost me but it was well worth it.

Which model? There was the Motorola COR (orange box) which came in at least two different models (5 channel and 10 channel), and the Motorola APCOR (white box) which was all 10 channel and came in several models, shorter or longer than others. And, of course, there were other manufacturers of biofones too. I think I have one 5 channel COR and one 10 channel COR at home.

Hi Dustdevil, thanks for your help. Welch-Allyn now owns MRL, but they wont give me any info on the defib units. I did get a response from Datascope. They actually called me and gave me information on the MD-3. The biophone I got was made by Biocom. I'm not sure who made the radio parts, but I think it may be GE. Biocon made the biophone that was used on the Emergency TV show, that unit had GE radio parts so thats what makes me think it could be GE. It is in an orange case though, and come in a blue soft case so you can throw your back out while you carry it over your shoulder!

If you want to sell one of yours, let me know when you get back from the land of the sand fleas!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.