Haix Boots, IV rolls

kuo34

I searched to see if anyone had posted about Haix Airpower X1 boots but no joy. I see the ad every time I'm in my office stall flipping through JEMS. It's boot replacement time and I'm wondering if anyone has ponied up for a set of these boots.

I'm also tired of going through three compartments in our department issued jump bags to start an IV. I've been looking at the IV rolls offered by Statpacks and CSM Gear. Does anyone have experience with these?

I'll probably just tie the IV supplies to the bag with a tourniquet but I'd still like to hear what y'all have to say.

i used a stat packs IV roll the other week...it wasn't in my kit and i needed to sink the pin in a hurry, so i didn'tt really have much time to look. I guess theres a bonus right there because i got what i wanted in 2 seconds flat. My only real complaint i guess is that it doesn't hold much - but unless your not re-sticking between calls that probably not a problem

I like it!

But talking about rolls, the Stat Packs intubation role is just phenominal!

I can't remember who makes the rolls we use for our ET kits but I like the idea. It's beyond my scope (for now), but the idea seems to work well for IV kits. It does seem like a one trick pony though, as you only get one setup, but I'm guessing if you need everything in a hurry you'll only need (hopefully) your large bore needles and the rest of the gear can be pulled from your jump bag.

It is a bit of a one trick pony.......i think he had a 16, 2 x 18's and a couple of 20ishes in the outside and some spare inside with the opsites and tape - just the essentials, but at the price they go for id almost have one kit on each bag of hartmanns

I purchased a pair of these boots about two months ago. If I would do it again, I would go a half size larger. But other than that they are wonderful to wear, of course I will be interested to see what they are like in the winter time soon. I purchased mine from COPSHOES.Com for less than I found any where else (factory seconds) But they are Hiax never the less :P

The Haix (Airpower X1) boots have been extremely nice to wear. They have taken a pounding and still look new.

I wear military issue socks, and try change them half way thru a 24 hour shift to keep the comfort level where it should be. But this isn't because of the boot, just training and experience.

• 2 months later...

The Haix Airpower X1 have been great to wear this winter. My feet have stayed dry, traction was not a problem, and best of all with a good pair of socks my feet stayed nice and warm. I know cost is always an issue but these boots have been through heck and still look great. Anything that wears this nice is worth the money, instead of paying less for a lesser boot.

<Snipped>

I'm also tired of going through three compartments in our department issued jump bags to start an IV. I've been looking at the IV rolls offered by Statpacks and CSM Gear. Does anyone have experience with these?

I'll probably just tie the IV supplies to the bag with a tourniquet but I'd still like to hear what y'all have to say.

We make up party packs consisting of a prefilled saline syringe, a 7inch extension set, a veni guard, 4x4, couple of alcohol preps, some IV catheters, a sharp shuttle and a TQ and put them in zip lock bags. It's all stuff thats readily available and fills the bill quite nicely for those "Lock of life" calls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.