• No, I'm healthy and I don't need one.
    • No, I'm not able to recieve the shot due to an allergy
    • No, the vaccine is not available to me or i can not afford it
    • No, I'm more likely to get the flu from the flu shot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am required to have a yearly flu shot as a condition of my employment.

Just curious... the provincial government repealed the requirement for paramedics to have mandatory flu shots a few years ago (I believe due to some legal action taken against the policy). I was under the impression that the services can no longer MAKE anyone get the flu shot.

My service follows the provincial Patient Care and Transportation Standards, Section C. Influenza Control which should have been sent to your service operator on Oct 25, 2006 by the director of EHS Branch.

This document states that "Each operator shall ensure that, as of December 8 every year, each paramedic

a. provides a valid certificate signed by a physician that states that he or she has been immunized againsted influenza, or that such immunization is medically contraindicated; or

b. provides a written statement that he or she has taken the educational review and has not been, and does not intend to be, immunized against influenza.

My service goes further to say that should a paramedic not be immunized (by choice or contraindication) then s/he must wear an N-95 mask on ALL calls between October 31, 2006 and March 31, 2007.

cheers.

No, because I think its a communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids. I'm kidding, I got mine a couple of days ago, so now I can work overtime filling in for the people out sick because they didn't. Yay!

I chose not to have one. After having it for a few years and having no problems I noticed for a couple of years that i was getting hit quite badly by some 'bug' (and this was not in the time soon after the shot). So the following year I skipped it, and got away with no problems and repeated this for a couple of years then about 2 years ago I was pressured into having one and again had the same problem of getting hit again.

So for now I chose to avoid it.

I know that the vaccine is geared to what ever strain is predicted for that yearand so varies some each year.

I am current will all other vacinations for the 'nasties' I am likely to encounter (and that I am offered).

No shot for me. I'm too much like my dad..... He got the flu shot for years. And for years, about 2 weeks after getting the shot, he'd get the flu. About 5 years ago, he quit taking the shot and he quit getting getting sick. Go figure. :-k :dontknow:

No way!! No How!! Ive had far too many needles stuck in this bod in 56 yrs...Navy time...(think we were guinea pigs for a lot crap)

Just like the posting above mine here says....we have no idea what the hell they are injecting us with.....look at the game played a few years ago...the powers to be created a shortage of the FREE I repaet FREE flu vaccine...everybody at least in this country went into panicsville and then miraculously the powers managed get a hold of some and boy oy boy...the line ups were phenomenal,far more than if no shortage was ever produced.They really mess with our heads...too many people believe that the Gov't is here to serve and protect us...just look at their actions and you can see its more like we are here to serve them.No flu shots...they can shove them. I know a lad who has never even had regular vaccines and he is 10 yrs old...all the kids at school get sick have the FLU etc. rarely does he get any of it...that alone should tell you something....Pharmeceuticals are big business....they have nothing whatsoever to do with healing...just big business..so in closing TAKE THE FLU SHOT AND SHOVE IT!!!!!

Amen Firescapes...that is precisely why I will have nothing to do with the flu shot, and other injections that I can stay away from. It's exactly the Pharmaceutical companies that are making this "flu pandemic" a huge deal and freaking the public out for no reason. They need our money, simple. Really makes one wonder, why are the incidents of cancer and other acute illness/disease on the rise? What else is on the rise? Um, vaccines and immunizations perhaps? Are they really doing any good, or harming instead. We have to realize that these companies rule the world that we live in, every aspect is controlled and manipulated by them. You go to the doctor for help with an issue, and majority will prescribe whatever THEY get paid best to push on their patients. Who cares if it's not the best for you, it's best for them and sufficiently pads their pockets.

They now have a vaccine for everything, claiming that you need it to stay healthy and protect yourself and your family. Chicken Pox is now deadly to children and parents who don't allow the vaccine are endangering their children and others children by allowing them to be exposed to it. I had it, I'm sure you've all had it - and are still here reading this! Oh and ovarian cancer vaccine? Please, spare me.

Personally I think that we need to take our health into our own hands, do our own research and have a little common sense. In this day and age where money rules all, we have to protect and inform ourselves, to think on our own, as no one else will do it for us.

Just my humble opinion....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.