Mounted EMS

Timmy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this post was intended to be serious…

First thread:

TRAVOIS [travois] , device used by Native North Americans of the Great Plains for transporting their tepees and household goods. It consisted of two poles, lashed one on either side of a dog or, later, a horse, with one end of each pole dragging on the ground. It had straps or wooden crosspieces between the poles near the open end that served as a carrier. Like the sledge, the travois was used by Native Americans before any use of wheels was known to them.

Just an idea here, with the use of wheel's one could invent something that may work out, some SAR teams here in the Canadian "Outback" have used these critters for that porpoise, when weather craps out and the choppers can't fly.

Second thread:

OMG do you think ak has done it with a deep sea elk? :oops:

Hey just trying to help a V.I. get a hoof up.

You guys are NUTS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

But loveable nuts.....

later

Terri

1073-1.gif

Right, well main reason I’m ask is were starting to cover a lot of horse events ie show jumping, bush polo, cross country. We have ATV’s but the event managers prefer us not to use them as there noisy, they also prefer for us not to drive our ambulances around.....So I thought why not ride round on horses, might even fit in with the crowd lol. So what are your thoughts now??

LOL about the whole seriousness thing, I was only joking, how can a 17yo not laugh at that!

Timmy...

In the horse show fraternity, public liability insurance is usually covered by the compeititors entrance fees into the event, so my first point of order would be to find if you are insured by them to do this work on horseback.

St John is also a finicky beast, and if you need to find appropriate training in order to ride a push bike in crowds for first aid, im pretty sure you will need something for rising a horse, much like the coppers do.

That said, your horses will need to be trained to a level far beyond the regular donkey, particularly for public liability reasons, and again, like police mounts

If they will insure you, go for it, but dont trust St John to do it for you, and dont trust them if they say just say yes without putting it in writing. I know for a fact that people have asked questions such as this, got the affirmative and when things turned sour, St John left them high and dry, along with some scattered insurance fraud..............

The are not to be trusted!

But you probably already know that:D

Timmy...

In the horse show fraternity, public liability insurance is usually covered by the compeititors entrance fees into the event, so my first point of order would be to find if you are insured by them to do this work on horseback.

St John is also a finicky beast, and if you need to find appropriate training in order to ride a push bike in crowds for first aid, im pretty sure you will need something for rising a horse, much like the coppers do.

That said, your horses will need to be trained to a level far beyond the regular donkey, particularly for public liability reasons, and again, like police mounts

If they will insure you, go for it, but dont trust St John to do it for you, and dont trust them if they say just say yes without putting it in writing. I know for a fact that people have asked questions such as this, got the affirmative and when things turned sour, St John left them high and dry, along with some scattered insurance fraud..............

The are not to be trusted!

But you probably already know that:D

That I do lol…. That’s my next step lol, to see if St John would cover us and if we need training. Was thinking about getting a retired police horse.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.