Well, I thought it was funny.

Michael

Doing some web reading about the history of Hallowe'en, I came to a site that opens:

>It began over 2000 yrs ago with people known as the Celtics.<[/font:9e30caba81]

And had to stop reading because I was laughing too hard (I know, I'm easy). When I compose myself I guess I owe it to the webmaster over there to write in:

These are the Celtics. They've aged pretty well, eh?

These are the Celts.

I guess ya hadda be there. Or on a nearby continent.

Stonehenge Stadium

Actually, the press box has just been identified: Mike Pitts, editor of British Archaeology and a leading expert on Stonehenge, told Discovery News the two isolated buildings at the site may have been shrines and not residences, but he thinks it's also possible the buildings were home to Stone Age VIP's. "Perhaps these did house chiefs, or powerful priests," said Pitts.

The Celts - what's in your wallet?

Vikings were to Celts as the Spanish Conquistadors were to the Calusa Indians of Florida (I don't know whether the Vikings or the Celts would have be more offended to be mistaken for the other, but between you and me, you're right, they all look alike).

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.