EMS STORE IN NEW YORK CITY

Hi all , I am a paramedic in Ireland at the moment Iam in the middle of doing the advanced paramedic program. I will be coming to new york on the 10th of november and would like to know is there any ems store in new york city, the price of equipment over here is to expensive and hope to buy some gear when i come to new york. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks

How long you going to be in the US? You might be best off just ordering something online and having it shipped to your hotel while you're there. Prices are better that way, and you won't have to pay international shipping, or spend a tonne in taxi fees to drive around the state looking for something you might not even find.

EMS stores are pretty non-existent in the US. It's almost exclusively a mail order business. Not enough EMS services out there to support a store front in any particular area, since most order such things in bulk through the mail. Generally you would find such supplies in one of two places; a medical supply or a police supply shoppe that also handles fire and EMS uniforms and goods.

Whatcha gonna do with them when you get them?

Dixie EMS, in Brooklyn. I've ordered from them before, I think it's run by the mob, but the prices are good.

LOL! I wouldn't be surprised. Think about it. Would anybody in Brooklyn name their company "Dixie"? Nope. They started in Houston. And NOBODY moves a company FROM Texas to NY! When they suddenly disappeared and reappeared in NY, I figured it had to be something fishy.

Well, just look at the photo of the owner on the first page of their catalog... Dixie EMS; A Division of Dixie World Wide; Also see Dixie Foods, Dixie Supply, Dixie Hit Man Service at Pier 23 :lol:

The ower is pictured with a very large, VERY LARGE, diamond necklace; it looks like it may weigh several pounds; and then she is in some expensive white outfit. My first thought was, oh great, this stuff is going to cost an arm and a leg.. But actually, it was very reasonable. They had a website, it was supposed to be back for the 2006 Catalog season, but it is still offline. I think they may have sold off some stuff, b/c I bought 15 & 36" Morrison splints (those orange ones) on ebay in cases of a dozen. Instead of Morrison, I got Dixie EMS splints, the guy had all Dixie stuff, and it looked like he took his pics in some kind of storage thing, like those PODS they advertise..?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.