Still searching for old E.M.S. stuff

ptfd121

I never thought I would have a EMS display, it started out as a firefighting collection, but just seemed to turn into EMS. But I'm OK with that. I bought a couple of those big arse MRL's on ebay last fall. I only needed one and sold the other. I actually used one in 1995 at Haller Ambulance in Chillicothe Ohio. They replaced it with a LP-5! I have an old squad, but it's only a 86. It's like what I started in. I've got it equipped with stuff from the 80's, but I'd like to get a biophone!!! I've got some pictures of our open house in my profile you can check out.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics, man! Very nice job. Thanks for sharing those! Brings back some fun memories. I wore those silly Dyna Med smocks on many a run. And I have worked with every one of those old monitors too.

The Miller-Meteor ad reminds me of Bandaidpatrol. I sure miss Bob!

Dustdevil, Glad you enjoyed them. It was a good show and everybody seemed to enjoy it. I have other pictures and will be posting them when I get home from work. I'm still working on the collection of stuff.I have two LP-5's, one with the recorder and one without, and two different MRLs. I've got all kinds of old crap inthe squad also.

Remember those big, Godawful, flimsy plastic trauma kits from DynaMed? They were originally blue, I think, then later came in orange. They were huge, and fell apart in no time flat, but EVERYBODY got them in the early and mid 70's til the Plano 747's came into vogue. There's got to be a few of those floating around still in decent shape. I know I still have my thirty year old Plano box that is in pretty good shape!

Remember those big, Godawful, flimsy plastic trauma kits from DynaMed? They were originally blue, I think, then later came in orange. They were huge, and fell apart in no time flat, but EVERYBODY got them in the early and mid 70's til the Plano 747's came into vogue. There's got to be a few of those floating around still in decent shape. I know I still have my thirty year old Plano box that is in pretty good shape!

I have two of those. I picked them up a t a fire muster for $5.00 each. Both are in great shape.

OMG!.. Flashbacks... We had the MRL in the aluminum case that came with the Fed grant money with telemetry. The only reason we agreed was a free monitor... and hey.. they med channel as well as the intercom in the truck was fun.. no one monitored the channel :D Anyone ever used the Burdick brand... it had at least 8 feet of cable on the paddles, but only had a 2 inch oscilliscope... yes the bouncing ball type. I remember pulling over many times to verify the rhythm.

Yes, Dust I remember the god awful blue or orange Dynamed kits.. with everything but what you needed. As well, you might remember the magazine EMERGECY ! sponsored by Robert Hare (yes the maker of Hare traction) nice little gimmick for an LA cop...

NAEMT actually had a scientific journal, then poof!! Everything went to a magazine..

I found my Boston Paramedic pouch the other day.. OMG I bet it weighed 5 pounds!..no wonder.. I have back problems.. window punch, buck knife ,straight and curved hemostats, and regular bandages and yes the velcro tourniquet with stamped initials.... I have to admit it was a whacker pack. I never used anything but the scissors...

R/r 911

I have two of those. I picked them up a t a fire muster for $5.00 each. Both are in great shape.

Sweet! Which colour?

I definitely worked with the Burdick. I had forgotten about that one, but we had those and the MRL at the same time. I remember how totally blown away we were by the Lifepak 5s when they came out around 1976. They were so light and compact. Now we're back to carrying huge, worthless pieces of crap again (coughlifepak12coughcough). Funny how things come full circle.

I wish I still had my old Dyna Med catalogues from the 70's so I could remember what all we have forgotten. There were the Hare Extrication Collars, which were just the old foam whiplash collars with high sides on them. Those were the state-of-the-art until the early-mid 1980's. I still had a couple of those in my attic until my last move, a decade ago.

What other blasts from the past have we forgotten about?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.