Still searching for old E.M.S. stuff

ptfd121

First off, I'd like to say thanks to EMTKELLY for comming up with the old Dynamed shirt. It recieved alot of comments from some old school E.M.T.'s that came to our open house. THANKS!!!!!! I owe you one.

I am looking for an old Biophone or a Biocom. If anyone out there knows where there is one sitting around gathering dust, email me at ladder121@horizonview.net and I'll be happy to get with you on buying it. I am looking for any old E.M.S. stuff to ad to my historical collection, so if you have anything laying around, email me. I might be interested.

Thanks again

Dan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another item I could probably help you out with if I were at home! I have two, if not three of them in my garage. They still have the "City Of Dallas" property tags on them. When we finally dumped them all in the early 80's, I picked them up at auction for about $50 dollars each. Sold quite a few for $1000 each, haha!

Does anybody even use the Med channels anymore? I figure California probably still uses them a good bit. Maybe even the Gulf Coast. But the advent of trunked radio has changed the way a lot of systems do their comms.

I'm not 100% sure how base hospital radios are connected, but the radios at our base stations are huge.

v_286.jpg.

Besides the 3 channels for my company's dispatch, we also have a med10 channel and a med10tac channel.

I'm not 100% sure how base hospital radios are connected, but the radios at our base stations are huge.

v_286.jpg.

Besides the 3 channels for my company's dispatch, we also have a med10 channel and a med10tac channel.

If you want to sell one, email me a piture and let me know your price. I would like to have one.

Dan

Another item I could probably help you out with if I were at home! I have two, if not three of them in my garage. They still have the "City Of Dallas" property tags on them. When we finally dumped them all in the early 80's, I picked them up at auction for about $50 dollars each. Sold quite a few for $1000 each, haha!

Does anybody even use the Med channels anymore? I figure California probably still uses them a good bit. Maybe even the Gulf Coast. But the advent of trunked radio has changed the way a lot of systems do their comms.

Man I wished you were home. You sound like me, got about everything ever invented under the sun stashed in the garage. Give me a shout when you get back, whenever that may be. Mabee we can work a few deals. I hope your not still asking $1000 for the old biophones though.

Man I wished you were home. You sound like me, got about everything ever invented under the sun stashed in the garage. Give me a shout when you get back, whenever that may be. Mabee we can work a few deals. I hope your not still asking $1000 for the old biophones though.

Haha, nah. That was back in the early to mid 80's when everybody up and down the Gulf Coast was still using Med channels. The ones I had were channeled up and had good batteries and chargers, and the buyers put them right to work on trucks. Sold a couple to East Jeff near New Orleans, and to Mobile Medic in Biloxi. I am pretty sure I have two left, but I wouldn't swear to that number. At least one that I saw last time I moved, ten years ago. Would probably work with a good battery in it. If I have more than one, I'd certainly part with it to somebody who would put it in a fitting tribute and not just part it out or let it collect dust in a garage. That was actually my purpose for holding on to it, as I too thought maybe someday I would do the same. I even looked on eBay for a big arse MRL monitor/defibrillator to go along with it for awhile. I'd like to restore an old 1970's Type I ambo with Dallas Fire Department markings and put all that stuff in it just for parades and such. Never happen, but I can dream! :lol:

Hey dust, I'll run over to your house and get it for him. I just need your address, yeah, your address and your keys to your garage. You trust me don't ya?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.