Strange ECG

amitzahavi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a continuous strip, and get a patient's history.

What does the patient look like? Can't use the information from a single ECG in a vacuum of information. Have to know what else is happening.

With the information provided, I'm calling this Vtach, treating with Amiodarone, and preparing to cardiovert.

With the information provided, I'm calling this Vtach, treating with Amiodarone, and preparing to cardiovert.

This is the most correct statement and treatment. Anything else is speculation without further information.

And your reasoning behind Afib RVR with aberrancy?

AZCEP, call it "gestalt" or a gut feeling. It just don't look like v-tach to me. Also the rate doesn't suggest v-tach. At least that's what I weer taut in paremedik skool.

I'm definitely not claiming to be right and there's not much info here to go on but I'd almost expect to see a little bump about the size of a stopwatch under the pt's chest and see pacer spikes.

For those of you sharpening up your razors getting ready to electronically slit my throat (Rid, paramedicmike, etc.) me, stop. I'm not calling it a paced rhythm. Let's just say I'm calling in not v-tach.

I'm not claiming to be right. Peace OK?

ug

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.