Canadian challenging the NREMT-B test

canadianPCP

Wow..thanks all...I did speak with NJ EMS in recent days which helped me to clairfy alot of unanswered questions. However the word on the street up here Canada is that they've allowed Canadians in the past to take their tests. This basically all comes down to PCP education and cert. up here is a higher skill set than that of a EMT-B. The state of NJ will only recognize other 50 states EMT-B cert or NREMT-B cert. This means I will have to do the EMT-B state cert. once I'm down there which is about 20 steps back and a waste of time in order to complete my ALS cert at a local university hospital.

I digress, why NJ, my future husband is NYPD and lives on the boarder of NY and NJ on the NY side. From rumor there is better employment opportunities on the NJ side?

This basically all comes down to PCP education and cert. up here is a higher skill set than that of a EMT-B.

No, it's not. It's a much greater education, but not a greater skillset, unfortuately.

The state of NJ will only recognize other 50 states EMT-B cert or NREMT-B cert. This means I will have to do the EMT-B state cert. once I'm down there which is about 20 steps back and a waste of time in order to complete my ALS cert at a local university hospital.

While I sympathise with your situation, I would wholeheartedly disagree with your conclusion. Education and training is NEVR a waste of time. I have been a medic for over thirty years and I have NEVER found a basic review to be a waste of my time. Get over yourself. You still have much to learn, and should embrace every opportunity you have to do so. It's 120 hours, for crying out loud. Just do it. Or, better yet, get your future husband to move to Canadia. New York and New Jersey are disgusting.

If you are forced to take the EMT-B course...I recommend Mahwah or Paramus NJ...I know Paramus gets a lot of Rockland area residents for their courses...

I don't know how much help they would be if you tried to call them for more information regarding testing.

The Paramus website is: http://www.bergen.org/ems

I always have a hard time finding the official Mahwah school website.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.